Board index Equipment Printers Tested: Premium Glossy Photo Paper from CostCo

Printers

Tested: Premium Glossy Photo Paper from CostCo

brode2

Tested: Premium Glossy Photo Paper from CostCo

Post Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:28 am

Have been using Epson Glossy Photo Paper, 9.4 mil, for some time on my Epson 925. CostCo was selling 120 sheet for about $20, but I recently tried to buy more and they were out of stock. In it's place was CostCo's brand, Kirkland Premium Glossy Photo Paper, 125 sheets packed in a heavy duty box, for $18 and change. It's 10 mil in weight compared to Epson's Premium Glossy as 10.4 mil. They guarantee satisfaction or your money back, so I tried it. Absolutely wonderful results.....so good, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Epson was making it for them. The color renditions show no difference from Epson's own papers. At about $.15 per sheet for premium 10.4 mil paper, it's a real bargain.

Mike

ukexpat

Re: Tested: Premium Glossy Photo Paper from CostCo

Post Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:54 pm

brode2 wrote:Have been using Epson Glossy Photo Paper, 9.4 mil, for some time on my Epson 925. CostCo was selling 120 sheet for about $20, but I recently tried to buy more and they were out of stock. In it's place was CostCo's brand, Kirkland Premium Glossy Photo Paper, 125 sheets packed in a heavy duty box, for $18 and change. It's 10 mil in weight compared to Epson's Premium Glossy as 10.4 mil. They guarantee satisfaction or your money back, so I tried it. Absolutely wonderful results.....so good, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Epson was making it for them. The color renditions show no difference from Epson's own papers. At about $.15 per sheet for premium 10.4 mil paper, it's a real bargain.

Mike

IIRC I think Canon makes paper for Epson and I would not be surprised if they do so for other brands too,

mwalch

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:38 am

I just bought the same paper. When you used it, did you set your pinter driver to some other premium glossy paper (as I'm sure the Costco paper is not listed)?

Thanks

MW

abelguerrero

Post Mon May 30, 2005 10:07 pm

I've been using this on my Epson R1800 and so far I'm also very pleased with the results. I use the Premium Glossy Photo Paper setting.

HTH y'all
abel

michihir0

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:41 pm

this paper is excellent stuff. i too did a comparison vs the epson premium glossy. couldn't tell the difference between the prints on the two. the epson paper did feel slightly heavier, but that won't stop me from using the kirkland paper. it's an excellent bargain for an excellent product. i use it with the settings the sheet on the inside recommends.

kathyc

Costco (Kirkland) Glossy Paper

Post Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:57 am

I have been very pleased with the Kirkland paper. Have used it with Epson R300 and 785EPX. Good results with both. As to the maker, on the box it says made in Switzerland----sounds like it could be Ilford paper since that is manufactured in Switzerland and the UK, I think. I've used Ilford paper before and it's been very good.

fortisi876

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:30 pm

Does anyone know where you can download a profile for this paper?

nzmalamute

re printer paper

Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:38 am

I like the Fujifilm papers,i have been getting some awesome results from my R800.The paper here in new zealand is NZ$15 for the premium and NZ$17 for the pro stuff,that is for 20 sheets.The epson papers are about NZ$45 retails for 20 sheets

Board index Equipment Printers Tested: Premium Glossy Photo Paper from CostCo