Board index Equipment Printers PROBS IN PRINTER

Printers

PROBS IN PRINTER

jonhmardona

PROBS IN PRINTER

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:44 am

i never really use printers but im buying one for somone now..first question is when a cartridge is a Tri-Color will that print black also if im just printing text in black?

cause this is what the one im looking at says

Number of ink tanks/cartridges

Black ink cartridge

HP 100 Gray (C9368AN), optional
Color ink cartridge

HP 95 Tri-color (C8766WN), included. HP 99 (C9369WN), optional

so im assuming that means you can only have one or the other..so what i would really like to is if tri-color prints black also

los angeles business investors

dougj

Re: PROBS IN PRINTER

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:48 am

There should be some more details available from HP for the the model of printer you're considering, you can probably go to HP's website and download a manual, etc. In my experience, some of the HP printers have at least 2 cartridges - a tricolor and a black. In the early days of inkjet printers, only a single tricolor cartridge was used and the R,G & B inks were mixed to make black. This didn't work too well as it took a lot of expensive ink, saturated the paper and the final color was more of a dark brown. Enter printers with a separate black cartridge, this was a big improvement, and might be similar to the model you're looking at.

I could guess the gray cartridge substitutes for the color cartridge if you're only printing black & shades of gray, the second tricolor cartridge might be a higher ink capacity version (lasts longer). These last 2 are only guesses.

Board index Equipment Printers PROBS IN PRINTER