Board index Equipment Printers HP Photosmart Pro B9180gp

Printers

HP Photosmart Pro B9180gp

peterstefand

HP Photosmart Pro B9180gp

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:39 pm

Bought the above printer in January this year and I have to say I am very impressed.
The gp package comes with a monitor calibration kit. For the first time ever, I now have the means of printing accurately images I have edited on the computer. The calibration kit creates a profile which is used by the monitor and when you select application sets colour profile, is used by the printer. The printer has a built in profile checking facility which ensures that the right amount of ink is used for a given paper type to provide an accurate print.
I used to be an Epson enthusiast but, never again. I have not had a single ink/nozzle blockage which was the bane of my life before. I would recommend this printer to anyone looking for an A3+ printer. Superb build quality too.

PeterD

mdeboard

Re: HP Photosmart Pro B9180gp

Post Sat May 03, 2008 7:33 pm

What is the difference between the B9180 and the B9180gp?

thegallopingflasher

Re: HP Photosmart Pro B9180gp

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:55 am

I believe the difference between the B9180 and B9180gp is a function of what country the printer is to be sold to accomodate different input power requirements i.e. 50hz vice 60hz here in the states so the model numbes are slightly different. I have the B9180 and am also quite happy with it. I did haave to return it once for a replacement while still under warranty the printer would only print 2/3 of the way across the page. I did go to the the HP website to look to see what monitor colorimeter software they were providing as that was not included with mine but saw no mention of that software though I did get the updated ICC profiles while I was there.

Board index Equipment Printers HP Photosmart Pro B9180gp