Board index Equipment Printers How do I

Printers

How do I

owls

How do I

Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:46 am

get my pics to print full-size on 8.5x11 photo paper?

Thanks

Owls

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:08 am

some printers can and some can't.

i have an Epson Style Photo 870 ink jet which i don't think is physically capable of printing to the edges.
i have to say that even though this was a fairly cheap (US$150) printer, it does a plenty good enough job of 8x10 prints for my purposes. way to go epson.

i think many recent printers, even the low-end ink jets, can print to the edges now.
if you think your printer is capable, leave more details about your printer and printing software, and maybe someone can help.

-slug

owls

Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:58 pm

slug wrote:some printers can and some can't.

i have an Epson Style Photo 870 ink jet which i don't think is physically capable of printing to the edges.
i have to say that even though this was a fairly cheap (US$150) printer, it does a plenty good enough job of 8x10 prints for my purposes. way to go epson.

i think many recent printers, even the low-end ink jets, can print to the edges now.
if you think your printer is capable, leave more details about your printer and printing software, and maybe someone can help.

-slug

Thanks, slug, for your response. In the past, before I started using pbase, I was able to print photos full-size on my HP photosmart 1115 printer. When I print from pbase, my photos are printing at roughly 4x6 size, with the top edge showing pbase|galleries|forum|search, and, beneath the photo, information about my camera and exposure info. about the particular photo (shutter speed, f/stop, etc.). There must be a way to 'blow up the photo in pbase so that it prints with just the image shoing and none of the other stuff I mention.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:06 pm

you'll want to print from some other program besides your web browser.
for example photoshop, or any application that can load a photo, will probably have a print option.
then you'll print only the photo, and might have better quality too.

-slug

andag1

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:36 am

[/b]You nailed it, Slug. Exactly right.

neovolatile

Printing 8.5X11

Post Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:43 pm

Well, depends upon your printer, too. My Canon i560 has a check box that requires the printer to print full page, no margins. It is in the print setup screen.

And yes, do not print these small photos on your printer. Use your originals at least 1 Meg or better for that size.

Ellsworth
http://www.pbase.com/neovolatile

Board index Equipment Printers How do I