Board index Equipment Printers Epson R1800 printer problem

Printers

Epson R1800 printer problem

tilerep2

Epson R1800 printer problem

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:35 am

First time to post in this forum. Came to the forum because I did a Google for Epson R1800 printer problem and this forum popped up. I also have flat colors and a grey/blue haze over all my prints. Almost like a smoke screen across the prints. I have also tried everything to no avail. Best print I can get is on plain paper, using the color handling setting, "Let Printer Dertermine Colors." So far this has been the worst Epson printer I have ever owned. I know it is supposed to be one of the best out there, but I just can't seem to get it to work. I am running PS ver. 9.0.2 on a Mac G4 dual processor.

tomq

Post Wed May 02, 2007 2:42 pm

Hi I had a similar problem with my printer, luckily a friend of mine referred me to a great tech support site that helped me solve this problem

Here is the page for Epson Stylus R1800

Good luck

moonseye

Post Wed May 02, 2007 2:49 pm

I may be saying the obvious here, but have you done a clean head and head alignment. If so and it printed ok on normal paper I would suggest it could be the paper. Try a different paper. Also check your monitor and printer calibrations...
Free Utility Color Calibrates Your Monitor
You should really calibrate both your monitor and printer as these go hand in hand. Many monitors come with a calibration set and this should be your starting point. If you don't have it, go the manufacturer's web site to see if you can download it. They may also have custom calibration software available. In addition to your monitor controls, it's possible to alter color settings using your graphics card or software applications like Adobe Gamma that comes with Photoshop. That sounds great but it often causes users to fall into the trap of calibrating several times using all available options. This is a mistake; calibrate only once otherwise you will be over compensating. The most important thing though, is to understand what you are doing. That's why I recommend users visit Norman Koren's website [1] before doing anything. It's a bit technical but color calibration IS technical. If you find Norman's site a bit overwhelming then this site [2] may be better. Both of these sites have links to software and reference images, but for the calibration process itself, most casual users would be better off using a little freeware program called the 'Monitor Calibration Wizard' [3]. It will give results that are more than adequate for most applications. A final word: getting color right sounds like a simple issue but it's not. It's a matter taken very seriously by graphics and photography professionals and they dedicate an appropriate amount of time to addressing the problem. Indeed many professionals calibrate their equipment every six months or so to ensure that the quality is always at its best." Freeware, all Windows versions, 771KB.
[1] http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html#Monitorsetup
[2] http://www.e-cobo.com/stockphotos/quality/calibration.php
[3] [url]http://www.hex2bit.com/products/product_mcw.asp
[/url]
Hope this helps. If you are using Photoshop then set your printer setting to RGB Adobe (windows) and set your Gama to 2.2.

Hope this helps

moonseye

Board index Equipment Printers Epson R1800 printer problem