Board index Equipment Printers Epson 2400 Paper Problem

Printers

Epson 2400 Paper Problem

wpa

Epson 2400 Paper Problem

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:50 am

I ws using the Epson Enhanced Matte feeding it from the top. It started grabbing and making noise ... paper too thick probably. Switched to Hahnemuele duo phot rag which is thinner. Now I have to feed and refeed several times to get the paper to grab on for printing. Did I ruin the grabber mechanism somehow with the Epson matte paper?

TIA,
Jayne

nolock

Re: Epson 2400 Paper Problem

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:45 am

wpa wrote:I ws using the Epson Enhanced Matte feeding it from the top. It started grabbing and making noise ... paper too thick probably. Switched to Hahnemuele duo phot rag which is thinner. Now I have to feed and refeed several times to get the paper to grab on for printing. Did I ruin the grabber mechanism somehow with the Epson matte paper?

TIA,
Jayne

I use H German Etching, I find that it works best to use the rear/roll feeder path with individual sheets (13x19). When I put the sheet in, I push it down with gentle pressure, and when the printer tries to grab it (prior to printing) I continue the gentle pressure. Most of the time the printer takes it. A few times it doesn't and I have to pull it back up and repeat the process. But eventually it will work, sometimes takes two or three tries. I haven't found this to be a big problem. The prints turn out fabulous. I tried GE on the front feeder path, it didn't work, the paper is too thin.

Hope this helps.

Board index Equipment Printers Epson 2400 Paper Problem