Board index Equipment Printers cleaning canon i560 printer heads.

Printers

cleaning canon i560 printer heads.

mimmel

cleaning canon i560 printer heads.

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:28 am

My yellow ink isn't dispensing. Anybody know how to clean or unplug the printing head? Deep cleaning utility isn't cutting it.

differentphoto

Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:30 am

you need buy some clear head liquid. now in the market, clear liquid are made into the cartridge , that will be easy to use. just use it as the normal cartridge. hope you good luck!

robert_jones

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:10 pm

This might help ... I was sent this by an IT friend of mine. I have not tried it myself but this person knows what he is talking about.

Canon has a notorious reputation for their bubble jet printer heads failing and replacements not being available.

The printer will respond by not loading paper.

Canon’s response was to buy a new printer, as this part is not available in Canada.

My solution:

1. Remove print head from printer (the part that the cartridges sit in, and simply locks in.
2. Put into a clean, covered plastic container with 70% Isopropyl solution (Drug store $1.79).
3. Let this sit over two days, gently shaking the container once or twice each. The solution will turn and inky myriad of colors.
4. Carefully drain and refill again with the Iso as a rinse.
5. Drain and refill with distilled water twice.
6. Remove and let dry overnight. Do not use a heating appliance to dry.
7. Run some test pages to purge any remaining residues using the built-in printer test.

You should have clear, clean pictures again and a fully functioning printer.

Total cost in supplies, about $4.

Please remember: do not get Isopropyl Alcohol in your eyes. It’s rubbing alcohol and safe for the skin.

tubcer

Re: cleaning canon i560 printer heads.

Post Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:54 am

Hi
when I print in colour with my Canon i560 the picture etc comes out a red/orange colour I have cleaned printer heads etc and deep cleaned but not helped, what is wrong?

imager

Re: cleaning canon i560 printer heads.

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:43 am

mimmel wrote:My yellow ink isn't dispensing. Anybody know how to clean or unplug the printing head? Deep cleaning utility isn't cutting it.

I have used this technique on two S820's a I960 and an I9900 with 100% positive results.

I turn the hot faucet on and flow the water (full stream) alternately through first one side of the print head then turn it and reverse the process. When no more color shows I pat it dry with a lint free cloth or paper and reinstall it.

Next I do a nozzle check and a print head alignment. My results have restored the print head.

Board index Equipment Printers cleaning canon i560 printer heads.