Board index Equipment Printers epson R220

Printers

epson R220

tvg55

epson R220

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:44 am

my epson is locked up ,both lights are flashing red, can anyone tell me how to make this machine operable again it is only 6 months old and I've already locked up another machine that only lasted 6 months. I ran the ss utility on my machines but they still locked up on me and it;s driving me crazy!!! I need some help[quote][/quote]

websnail

Re: epson R220

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:38 pm

tvg55 wrote:my epson is locked up ,both lights are flashing red, can anyone tell me how to make this machine operable again it is only 6 months old and I've already locked up another machine that only lasted 6 months. I ran the ss utility on my machines but they still locked up on me and it;s driving me crazy!!! I need some help

Sounds like it's the old "Service required - waste ink tank replacement" message to me.

If the SSC utility isn't working then I'd take a look to see if somewhere like manuals4u.com can't help with the official adjustment utility.

You need to be sure you have installed an external waste ink tank or replaced the pads first though or you'll just end up flooding the printer in the long run.
Continuous Ink Supply system reviews, support, etc..
http://www.continuousink.info/

samsite999

Post Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:28 am

websnail, thats actualy some of the best advice i have her any one give in here, hats off for not talking rubbish or epson bashing!

epson_user

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:48 am

HAVING SAME PROBLEM

would appreciate any help available
cheers

htcdude

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:32 pm

Reload Windows...reload print stuff...should work...if not buy a new printer :D
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,
for you are with me; your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

ally7272

Epson R220 service required "fix"!!!

Post Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:43 am

I have just encountered the problem you all seem to be having with my epson R220, both red lights flash and it will not do anything !
I followed advice to download a service programme SSC but it wouldnt work then I found out only the latest version supports this model and downloaded that SSC 4.1, however that didnt work till I discovered you have to uninstall the other one if you had it first and then install the new one, set the printer type to your model then close and it will apear in the system tray , right click and reset chip its easy..
remember your pads will now overflow at some point !!!

sory for being a bit long winded but I had difficulty understanding some of the info I got and thought it best to explain...

hope this works for you ally......... :roll:

mediaboy

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:08 pm

:x

Just so you all know. I went through this same problem today. I'm glad I found your thread. After un-installing, re-installing, unplugging, resetting, etc..I decided to call Epson's customer service number.

First of all, it's a long-distance number. Secondly I learned that the two constantly blinking error lights, when accompanied by the green power light not being lit means that the printer itself has suffered an "internal hardware error". Basically: it's dead.

They offered me the number of the nearest service center, and invited me to their loyalty page of their website to purchase another printer at a discount, but since my printer is over 12 months old (barely), I'm basically S.O.L.

So, friends: 2 blinking red lights, no green light? Rest in Peace.

jongmax

Re: epson R220

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:05 pm

HELLO,
Printers made with the same purposes but different capacities and features, if you will buy a printers you should look in their capacities made, it has also limitations.

Board index Equipment Printers epson R220