Board index Equipment Printers Refilling or CIS?

Printers

Refilling or CIS?

tomcat862

Refilling or CIS?

Post Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:26 pm

I have been vacuum refilling the older Epson sponge cartridges for years now. I use a vacumm system of my design that will pull in about 15% more ink than the rather dry Epson OEP ink charges. This makes a big difference as I get no none never banding but with the OEM cartridges this is a common problem.

I really want to go to a CIS as I can go through 5 to 8 cartridge changes on the 3 1520's I run. I print a lot of 10 to 15 foot banners this really drinks ink fast!

The big deal is many CIS designs will slowly fill with foam ...not a problem if you know this and once a month bleed out hte foam?

I might buy Cutemaker but many of the posts I see here seem loaded. has anyone used a cutemaker cis?

websnail

Re: Refilling or CIS?

Post Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:30 pm

tomcat862 wrote:I have been vacuum refilling the older Epson sponge cartridges for years now. I use a vacumm system of my design that will pull in about 15% more ink than the rather dry Epson OEP ink charges. This makes a big difference as I get no none never banding but with the OEM cartridges this is a common problem.

I really want to go to a CIS as I can go through 5 to 8 cartridge changes on the 3 1520's I run. I print a lot of 10 to 15 foot banners this really drinks ink fast!

The big deal is many CIS designs will slowly fill with foam ...not a problem if you know this and once a month bleed out hte foam?

The foam problem is only really one for a CIS with a sponge in it... If you can locate a good spongeless CIS design you should be ok but the emphasis here would be on "good".

I might buy Cutemaker but many of the posts I see here seem loaded. has anyone used a cutemaker cis?

Hard to say... never tried them and not seen any indication of their support but beyond the actual CIS you need to consider ink quality and for that I'd recommend you take a look at MIS, Gemini-colours, Hobbicolours, etc... not just some generic ink from China, or wherever.

One person worth contacting is the boss at Gemini Colours in Holland http://www.refillink.biz (don't let the site put you off, it's truly awful!) and asking for his input.. His knowledge of CIS's is encyclopedic and doubtless he can give you some useful pointers any may even have a spongeless design for you to try out on one of your printers before you purchase all three.

Worth a shot and let me know how you get on... :)
Continuous Ink Supply system reviews, support, etc..
http://www.continuousink.info/

Board index Equipment Printers Refilling or CIS?