Board index Equipment Printers New printer, now what??

Printers

New printer, now what??

dan33

New printer, now what??

Post Sat May 06, 2006 10:06 am

I just bought a Epson R2400, but I am not getting good results at all. I have tried calibration but the Adobe Gamma does not work for some reason, the sliders dont change anything? I also wonder if using a laptop is going to making things hard for me?Basically where do I start and or what do I need? Is this spyder the way to go? Is a proper monitor needed etc??? be gratefull for any advice.
thanks dan

samsite999

Post Sat May 06, 2006 10:53 am

Im not 100% but as far as i am aware the adobe gamma has nothing to do with the printer, it will calebrate the monoter color. Secondly what paper are you using and who is it made by? Have you tryed using the paper specific ICC profial? Color matching has always been a ass for me but luckly i have never had much in the way of problems

dan33

Post Sat May 06, 2006 9:54 pm

yes i agree adobe gamma has nothing to do with the printer but the image/colors on the screen are not reproduced when i print. So i figured that 1st i have to calibrate the monitor.I am using epson paper so to eliminate any problem with the printer not recognising the paper.

Board index Equipment Printers New printer, now what??