Board index Equipment Printers How good are continuous ink systems on eBay?

Printers

How good are continuous ink systems on eBay?

dougj

Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:25 pm

How interesting.

You joined pbase today, have no photos, and your first forum post relates to how good your continuous inking system works......

tustinbaker

Re: How good are continuous ink systems on eBay?

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:26 am

chris1024 wrote:I have been using a continuous ink system purchased from eBay for over a year with absolutely no problems for my Epson R2400.
Chris
Menomonee Falls, WI

Today is April 28, 2006.
If I am correct, Epson announced R2400 around June or July 2005.
Tell me when did you get your R2400??? and when did you get your continuous ink system for your R2400?????

mmm.... I smell something...

Besides, according to my friend, InkRepublic was the one who announced R2400 continuosu ink system right after Epson announced their R2400 printer. And just 2 - 3 months ago, MIS announced their R2400 CIS.

Now, you tell me, when did you get your CIS? Not I dont believe you, just doesnt make any sense to me.

websnail

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:07 am

dougj wrote:How interesting.

You joined pbase today, have no photos, and your first forum post relates to how good your continuous inking system works......

Yeah.. and he's posted on Steves-forum with a word for word quote of this post in 2 seperate threads.

What I don't understand is that there's no reference to a direct ebay seller, etc.. so it does seem a little odd if he's just trying to spam..

For what it's worth I responded with this

.. and there's been no come back on either so.. "odd" is all I can call it.
Continuous Ink Supply system reviews, support, etc..
http://www.continuousink.info/

jimbo64

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:47 pm

I joined just now as well.

I also own an ebay CIS system, and I love it!!

Will it be implied I'm a liar as well?

It seems without a motive the worst that can be said was they got their dates wrong, or elaborated.

I bought a kit that included a new R220 printer, the ink, and a CIS system. All for under 165 bucks shipped to my door.

I've run about 80 ml of ink thru it (all colors) and couldnt be happier.

Not everyone needs a 200 dollar CIS unit for a 99 dollar printer.

C-ya, Jimbo.

reflectionsbyruth

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:36 pm

Well I dont own a continuous ink system but have heard from 2 people that i know that do and hate them, My husband also reasearched them on the internet forums of pro photographers and all said the same thing, they are great until they clog and you have to clean them, the biggest mess ever to clean.

We've been buying MIS inks for the past year and have had no problem at all, much cheaper in price than the Epson inks and well liked by pros on other forums

reflectionsbyruth

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:43 pm

Jim
there are many ink companies that post here looking like users and trying to sell their product. Chris posted that message same info on the other site only minutes after he posted it here, obviously somene trying to sell their product and not an honest user giving an opinion.

You can post them a mile away once you have been here long enough

websnail

Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:56 pm

jimbo64 wrote:I joined just now as well.

I also own an ebay CIS system, and I love it!!

Will it be implied I'm a liar as well?

Hi Jim..

Just to give a bit of context here.. This guy "chris1024" has posted a variation of the same theme on a bunch of printer forums and then never returned. The weird part about it is that he doesn't seem to be pushing for a specific ebay seller, etc.. but he's never really backed up his assertions or responded to any query, criticism, etc.. So it's a bit of a strange one.

I bought a kit that included a new R220 printer, the ink, and a CIS system. All for under 165 bucks shipped to my door.

I've run about 80 ml of ink thru it (all colors) and couldnt be happier.

Not everyone needs a 200 dollar CIS unit for a 99 dollar printer.

:) Oh I know and I've seen your lengthy post on another forum.. If nothing else it proved that you're certainly not of the "I'm a happy customer for my company" shill variety..

My personal issue with the ebay sellers is that there's plenty of reports of poorly produced kits that are sold and then never supported. It's this after sales or lack of it that drives most people pretty nuts.

jimbo64

Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:40 pm

I guess my point is this,

Sometimes we spend months or years getting screwed, at least thats how I feel about inkjet printers.

When I finally got my CIS, (And knew it was working, no leaks ect) I really wanted to tell someone, lol. Maybe this Chris felt the same way.

I 100% agree that much of what is sold on ebay is straight up garbage. And is the main reason I'd never push the unit I bought, unless asked, and I'd still want to verify it was the same exact unit, since most sellers switch regularly.

Ruth, It doesnt take anytime at all to spot a seller, they usually mention a product brand, or website link. Believe me, I own a forum that gets over 6000 members a year, and around 25000 posts a year, lol.

Anyway, sorry if I came off defensive, I just felt like he might have been bullied a little.

C-ya, Jimbo.

dougj

Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:14 pm

There have been a number of spammers on the Pbase boards. No surprise, and not unlike other sites. The printer forum seemed to attract a number of shills, and there were some interesting exchanges with a couple of them. Most of the spammers will just post and run, a few will hang around and promote their product as the best solution to any problem that ever existed. This gets a little old.

A typical spammer might register, not post any photos, and then start posting in the forums. Creating galleries is clearly not a requirement at Pbase, but it does look a bit odd as this is primarily a photo hosting website.

Company representatives participate in some other forums I belong to. Most of these folks are highly regarded as they provide technical help and suggestions for use of their products, and do some Q&A. They do not simply promote the products.

Welcome to Pbase Jim, thanks for posting.

websnail

Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:08 am

dougj wrote:This gets a little old.

Heh... amen to that.. :P

A typical spammer might register, not post any photos, and then start posting in the forums. Creating galleries is clearly not a requirement at Pbase, but it does look a bit odd as this is primarily a photo hosting website.

Agreed, although as I've mentioned to you via PM, it's primarily because various printer related terms do kick back good google results for your site... No idea why but this forum appears quite high up but it's an ill wind.. ;)

Company representatives participate in some other forums I belong to. Most of these folks are highly regarded as they provide technical help and suggestions for use of their products, and do some Q&A. They do not simply promote the products.

For what it's worth I've caught at least one shill on my own forum and asked them to come clean.. which surprisingly they did (at least on my forum) so the community now benefit from their experience and support. For all that though, they did, on being caught, point out that everyone (well 99.9%) in the printer business, regularly run the whole shill routine and that was their rational.. Not great but if any are listening now I can heartily recommend the honesty route coupled with good technical assistance and info is a much better way to go..

Jim: No worries re: the bullied thing.. I felt the same way when I started out on printer forums.

martyland

Cheaper Cartridges wanted??

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:57 am

Wow, lots of info here. I'm about ready to put another $50 plus into printer cartridges and would like to find some cheaper ones. I have an HP 4070 PRINTER.
Greenish cast... any help on that. I seem to be doing a lot of enhancing out the greenish cast in otherwise good photos. My printer automatically calibrates whenever I put in a cartridge so I've never tried to do it myself.
martyland

curier

To CIS or not to CIS

Post Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:49 am

I got one from ebay for Epson r200. It was nothing but trouble.
It came broken (cheap plastic containers - i had to glue it)... after instalation i found out that it was leaking (around print head), that was a bad seal between cartridge and print head, took me some time to fix that as well. Next problem - clogged heads (2 out of 6). auto cleaning would not work (good It has a bottle for dumping unused ink). I tried alcohol and it did not work, nozzle pattern did not look good, switched back to oem cartridges and it was fine.... It made me think.. if the heads are not clogged then there must be something wrong with the ink flow in CIS system. After couple of hours of testing I was able to run it the way it should work. The reason way the nozzle pattern looked bad is the air getting in to the system. I took everythink apart and refilled each cartridge from bottom hole (until all air was gone). For now it runs fine, but I don't think it's for a long time. :(

websnail

Re: To CIS or not to CIS

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:47 pm

curier wrote:I got one from ebay for Epson r200. It was nothing but trouble.
It came broken (cheap plastic containers - i had to glue it)... after instalation i found out that it was leaking (around print head), that was a bad seal between cartridge and print head, took me some time to fix that as well. Next problem - clogged heads (2 out of 6). auto cleaning would not work (good It has a bottle for dumping unused ink). I tried alcohol and it did not work, nozzle pattern did not look good, switched back to oem cartridges and it was fine.... It made me think.. if the heads are not clogged then there must be something wrong with the ink flow in CIS system. After couple of hours of testing I was able to run it the way it should work. The reason way the nozzle pattern looked bad is the air getting in to the system. I took everythink apart and refilled each cartridge from bottom hole (until all air was gone). For now it runs fine, but I don't think it's for a long time. :(

Any chance you could post over on continuousink.com with a bit more info on where you got it, what happened, etc... I'd like to get a few more reviews on eBay sellers as that seems to the place most people start off.

Also be able to give you a few pointers on things to help resolve some of those problems as well..

mrchevy

Post Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:43 pm

End of May'06 I purchased a CIS system off e-bay. Having to print so much, I THOUGHT that would be a good investment. Well, yesterday I went back to individual cartridges in the HP 2200 Business Inkjet so I could print without trying to reset the CIS about every page.
Seems like it just kept getting worse, happening sooner. When I first started using it the first part of June it worked pretty well, then went bad. One cartridge would show missing and then it would be a different one of the group.
So now I have an e-mail (finally took time to do that) into the seller. Will see what their reply is.

So right now, do I vote yes for CIS? Not now, not with my experience with my first purchased system. Right now I feel as if I threw my money away.

Will try to remember to post here what their reply is.

silbox03

Post Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:36 pm

Hi I am new to this forum and continuous ink system.

First of all, I see somewhere people mention MIS, what is that?

Secondly, I just got a HP 5440 using 92/93 cartridges. I can't find any US online store carrying CISS for it. I researched online and found that it is a smaller capacity cartridge but same as 94/95 or 96/97. I also emailed a few sellers on eBay and only reply that I can use his CIS that is for 94/95 on my printer. I am just wondering if anyone have recommendations or opinion about any HP CISS they have used before.

Thanks

Next

Board index Equipment Printers How good are continuous ink systems on eBay?