Board index Equipment Printers which printer??

Printers

which printer??

dan33

which printer??

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:22 am

I have just bought a minolta 5400 slide scanner and photoshop cs2.I now am realising that I need a printer to really have freedom.Is the epson R1800 going to produce very good prints?. I shoot with velvia and dont want the prints to a fall behind the image quality of the slide.

ddtsch

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:38 am

Dan - I use an Epson R800 which, as you know, is simply a narrow R1800. I am very satisfued with the output of this printer. I used an R200 before the R800 and in many cases I could tell the difference. However, on certain prints, the difference is quite obvious.

I bought my R800, refurbed, from the Epson site for about 1/2 price. You may want to check to see if they have any Refurb'ed R1800's. The only problem with purchasing Epson Refurb is that they use Fed-Ex as their shipper. I had to return the first two R800's that were shipped because of shipping damage. The first two were really banged up - so bad that they would no longer print. I'm sure that our driver was the exception and that most Fed-Ex drivers do a fine job.

Enjoy
Darrell T.[/quote]

alansnoog

Re: which printer??

Post Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:17 pm

dan33 wrote:I have just bought a minolta 5400 slide scanner and photoshop cs2.I now am realising that I need a printer to really have freedom.Is the epson R1800 going to produce very good prints?. I shoot with velvia and dont want the prints to a fall behind the image quality of the slide.

how about canon pixma iP4300 photo inkjet printer?

this have fast, high-quality output. two paper trays. automatic duplexing. prints directly from cameras.

---------------------------------------
software reviews

jellophoto

Post Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:36 pm

I have recently bought an R1800 and the quality of the prints is very good. I am currently using Lyson papers, gloss and pearl archive quality and have printed up to A3+ with very good results. In fact I want to print bigger!

If you are going to print in quantity then I suggest you move over to a continuous ink system. I haven't yet , but I am looking to do so. Lyson now do a kit for the R1800.

Hope this helps

John

janet_kellman

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:46 pm

At this time I recommend canon pixma 5300.
FINE technology, double sided printing, PictBridge technology. Just my recomendations :)
Good luck.

Board index Equipment Printers which printer??