Board index Equipment Printers InkRepublic.com C88 Continuous Ink System? anyone tried it?

Printers

InkRepublic.com C88 Continuous Ink System? anyone tried it?

cocoa_apple

Post Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:46 pm

websnail, I have just got InkRepublic ink system up and running.
one of their cardrage was broken down, DOA I guess, or I did something wrong. the film was broken. I emailed them, and they got back to me in just 3 minutes. they sent me the replacement. I did get great nozzle soon, no big deal. the tubing is not the problem at all? where are you located? it is too cold? or what? everything looks straight forward to me.

I love their product and service.

websnail

Post Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:20 pm

cocoa_apple wrote:websnail, I have just got InkRepublic ink system up and running.
one of their cardrage was broken down, DOA I guess, or I did something wrong. the film was broken. I emailed them, and they got back to me in just 3 minutes. they sent me the replacement. I did get great nozzle soon, no big deal. the tubing is not the problem at all? where are you located? it is too cold? or what? everything looks straight forward to me.

I love their product and service.

I'm not knocking their response times at all... They were very quick to get back to me on a number of technical queries and were gracious enough to let me purchase units at bulk prices while I reviewed them.

The issue re: tubing is not the quality of the material or even how the ink flows.. it's the issue of how it is placed to minimise catching, wear and tear and jamming.

Ultimately I wasn't able to use the IR system at all without modifying it significantly to ensure the tube didn't twist, catch or rub more than absolutely necessary.

Bear in mind I've been using CIS kits for a few years now and learned more than enough about what causes the printer to jam, or for parts to break, so I don't make my comments lightly.

As to where I'm located... I really couldn't see how this would affect things unless you're referring to the whole "heat the tubing" flexibilty issue. I can assure it's nothing to do with that.

Ultimately I prefer the MIS kits, but that's not to say I don't see some key features in I.R. that I liked.. I just didn't get the reliability I wanted from them.
Continuous Ink Supply system reviews, support, etc..
http://www.continuousink.info/

srijith

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:27 am

This forum is mainly for PBase members. But this is turning out to be an advertising thread. I am closing the thread for now. If you are a legit (paid) member of PBase and want to discuss this post, please let me know and I will open the thread.

Previous

Board index Equipment Printers InkRepublic.com C88 Continuous Ink System? anyone tried it?