Board index Equipment Printers SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

Printers

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

ckimmerle

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

Post Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:09 pm

Will somebody please moderate this damned forum. There is so much spam from fly-by-night ink salesman that it's impossible for anyone to ask a legitimate printer question. This is getting ridiculous.

And for what it's worth, anyone who would order a bulk ink system from a SPAMMER on this site gets what they deserve.

Chuck

websnail

Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:20 pm

You're not wrong... it's a nightmare on here...

For what it's worth there's a much better forum (moderated too) that I found today.. http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum..

I've started my own specific to Continuous ink feed systems (http://www.continuousink.info) but the nifty stuff one does seem to cover a lot more bases albeit limited on the CIS front.

... and no I'm not spamming.. Just amazed at how little control is exerted on this forum... Nuts!

srijith

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:05 am

Can you guys just drop me a line via the PM when you see spam? I can delete it, just too busy to look at all the forums all the time.

nzmalamute

re spammers

Post Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:06 am

Wouldn't it be better just to ban these lowlife ??

sheila

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:36 pm

I am at a loss why Slug allows non-subscribers to post on ANY forum. Surely its not difficult to disable the ability to do so. That way Srijith won't have to do a thing as it will be stopped at the source and members won 't be bothered with spam or other unwanted and unsolicited stuff.

Cheers
Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

nzmalamute

re spam

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:42 pm

that is why I did a domain lookup on that latest moron/looser so that all the world could see WHO this idiot is and where IT comes from,etc
You have to be a member here to post,guests cant post in the forums,i just tried.

dougj

Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:57 am

srijith wrote:Can you guys just drop me a line via the PM when you see spam? I can delete it, just too busy to look at all the forums all the time.

Srijith - You have a PM with 5 threads identified. Thanks for deleting these.

Doug

nzmalamute

re spam

Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:01 am

I HOPE that the spammers were banned as well with their ip.Evidently these lowlife are still active on the forum (meaning they arn't banned YET)
Last edited by nzmalamute on Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

dougj

Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:02 am

srijith offered to delete the threads if someone sends him a PM. I suggest we do this for now. The spammers will eventually get tired and move on.

srijith

Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:04 pm

I have deleted the threads Doug pointed out.

Since I do not have the time to browse all the forum threads to weed out spams, it would be great if you could PM me with the URLs to them so that I can delete them more quickly.

nzmalamute

re spam

Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:30 pm

so,when are you going to start banning these lowlife ?

srijith

Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:49 am

Being just a forum admin I do not have the rights to ban users.

dougj

Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:53 am

srijith wrote:I have deleted the threads Doug pointed out.

Thanks srijith :D

nzmalamute

re spammerss

Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:02 am

Ok,when IS someone going to start banning these lowlife ?

molly
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:37 pm

If srijith or users on this forum email a list of the spammers we can block them. We'd probably like to see atleast one of their posts just so we can avoid blocking someone who didn't actually spam. Also, I tried to delete most of the spam I found on here today.
Molly
PBase Team

Next

Board index Equipment Printers SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM