Board index Equipment Printers Digital printing at CostCo

Printers

Digital printing at CostCo

brode2

Digital printing at CostCo

Post Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:52 pm

Absolutely unbelievable! Printed a 12x18 elargement from my 10D at CostCo using their digital equipmentthat permits you to print from media cards or CD. The results were excellent, better even than what I had gotten from my local photo shop's lab, and cost only $2.99. Oh, yeah, it only took them 20 minutes to do it.

It makes you think that it's cheaper to have them print you photos, from 4x6 on up, rather than at home on your own printer, given the cost of ink and paper. I think they only charge $0.19 for a 4x6.

Speaking of printers, I've been using an Epson 925 for some time and am totally satified with it. I use ink catridges from Pacific Ink with no apparent lost of picture quality, despite warnings to the contrary. Their cartridges are a fraction of the cost of OEM Epson ones. Could I be doing damage to the printer by using other than OEM ink? Is the print head within the cartridge, or a separate part of the printer? On my previous printer, a Canon S800, the print head was separate from the ink cartridges, and not replaced with every refill, and eventually wore out.
I'm wondering if this Epson will suffer the same fate, or am I replacing the print head with each refill ink cartridge?

Regards,
Mike

mama

Re: Digital printing at CostCo

Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:10 am

brode2 wrote:Printed a 12x18 elargement from my 10D at CostCo using their digital equipmentthat permits you to print from media cards or CD.

Where is this Costco located? The one I went to didn't have such a machine :(

rct4905

Costco or Sams Club

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:41 pm

I was told Sams Club has printers too for digital.
Does Costco have Die Sub printers? I am told that is the best way to go.
Thanks,
Ruth
rct4905@yahoo.com

creativeimagery

Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:05 pm

Mike,

The Epson ink cartridges do NOT include a print head. It's unlikely that you're damaging your print head by using third party inks, but unfortuately, you won't know until something happens :? .

There have recently been some articles on 3rd party inks in both PCWorld and Consumer Reports. Both of them reported that, in every case, 3rd party inks do not produce either the longevity or color saturation and balance of the manufacturer's inks. They also reported that printers using the 3rd party inks were much more prone to print head clogging. If, however, you're satisfied with the output, go for it!

Terry

Board index Equipment Printers Digital printing at CostCo