Board index Equipment Printers canon PIXMA Pro9000

Printers

canon PIXMA Pro9000

mccollum

canon PIXMA Pro9000

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:55 pm

Does anyone have any opinions on this printer? Any help would be great!
Thanks!
Jessica

turboman36

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:33 pm

I have this printer, and i like it. It's very fast and accurate color IMO.

The think i dont like it's very BIG when you have all the flaps and panels open ;-)

canonian

Re: canon PIXMA Pro9000

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:24 pm

When it comes to 13x19 printers what will kill you is ink cost! Look at 17" wide printers, the ink tanks are bigger and the price per ML of ink goes down substantially. The amount of ink that comes with a Epson 3800 or Canon IPF5000/5100 more than makes up for the total cost of the printer, it actually makes them cheaper than a 13x19 printer especially if you get a ipf5000 or Epson 3800 right around the $1000 mark. Thees printers ship with more than $500 worth of ink.

gerardowmby

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:19 am

Do not buy this printer. I printed about ten 8x10s and then I started getting all kinds of nonsense errors, like "you have two yellow cartridges installed". I do not. Other ridiculous errors came on and rendered the printer inoperable. It sits. It cranks. It makes noises. Then it stops and gives an error and won't work anymore. I get a "yellow cartridge error" and the yellow ink cartridge light goes out or starts flashing. I pop it out and back in and the light comes back on but nothing works. After turning it on and off for about ten times, sometimes it will print one picture. Then it's dead again. I don't have time for this. I hear that Canon gives terrible service. I hear they also will replace the printer under warranty only with a refurbished printer. Not good enough. Their 8600f scanner, which I own, is even worse. I'll never buy a Canon product again. And my cameras will remain Nikon. :evil:

missed_opportunities

Re: canon PIXMA Pro9000

Post Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:16 pm

In order to provide my 98 year old Mom with color photos of her great grand kids and her dog which my wife and I agreed to care for when she moved out of her home of more than 60 years, I've been using Canon's PIXMA 9000 Mark II for color printing. I'm not bothered by its size, but I am really bothered by Canon's lack of support. Canon (like all other 'big' corporations) only cares about selling 'the next model'; not supporting existing models. I'm appalled even more when I have to shell out over $108.00 for a set of color cartridges. But, most of all, I do get very good color prints from this printer.
This past Fall, I went way-over-board, when my Apple computers (I have several) were incompatible with the latest printer driver that Canon offers. I was told by Canon that they NO LONGER support updates to the driver to keep it compatible with Apple OS releases.
So, I was faced with either pitching an expensive fully functional PIXMA 9000 MARK II color printer (and, by the way, my local dump charges to dispose of it); Upgrading to a new color printer; or making due with this printer by changing the 'environment' under which it operates. Turns out that this last option was by far the cheapest and suited me the best. I called - experimax - in Leesburg, VA and had Allen Brown configure a refurbished Apple Mac mini with the latest compatible Mac OS that would still run the printer's driver. I then tied the Mac mini into my home network and shared the printer on the network. Problem solved for under $200 and I'm able to still print color images for my Mom and other family members.
Donald Casavecchia
PBase member missed_opportunities

Board index Equipment Printers canon PIXMA Pro9000