Board index Photography Artistic Questions Personal autograph on photos?

Artistic Questions

Personal autograph on photos?

Discuss style and artistic aspects of photography
elsiemaud

Personal autograph on photos?

Post Mon May 02, 2011 11:05 am

I notice when looking at other members galleries, they have their name on their photos. Can anyone tell me how can I do the same, instead of just having it underneath the photo frame? Thanx in advance. elsiemaud :D

akmc_in_au

Re: Personal autograph on photos?

Post Tue May 03, 2011 10:06 pm

elsiemaud wrote:I notice when looking at other members galleries, they have their name on their photos. Can anyone tell me how can I do the same, instead of just having it underneath the photo frame? Thanx in advance. elsiemaud :D

Usually it's done in an image editing program like Photoshop. You add an extra layer onto the image, and put the signature into that via the image editor's Text tool. Convert it back to .jpg format and there you have the signature in the image. Most likely a lot of people who have the full version of Photoshop automate the process via an Action, as I do.

It's difficult to be more specific without knowing what, if anything, you edit your images with. (There's unlikely to be anything that would do it "in camera" if you shoot images in .jpg format and just upload them to PBase.)

xtranch

Re: Personal autograph on photos?

Post Thu May 26, 2011 6:31 pm

I sell prints from my photos and always initial the print in the lower right hand corner, above where a matte would come. people like something that has been personalized. I will sign a matte with my complete signature.

Board index Photography Artistic Questions Personal autograph on photos?