Board index Photography Artistic Questions Looking for some pointers.

Artistic Questions

Looking for some pointers.

Discuss style and artistic aspects of photography
brandproductions

Looking for some pointers.

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:48 am

Hey everyone, I've recently shot my first 'professional' (term used loosely) wedding this past october and I was hoping to be able to pull some advice from the forums. Ive seen a lot of talent and technical knowlege in many of these galleries on PBase and am just looking to become a better photographer. Im starting the second year of my business and want to begin marketing my photography for 2009 however going through the photo's of this particular job I feel that I really have a long way to go before I can really be happy with my own work.

In any case, these wedding photos were really well recieved and I practically gave them away. But I'd eventually like to get to the level of quality to where I can charge a more standard market fee for my efforts rather than shooting at cost just because Im starving for material. With that said, any ideas, suggestions, tips, or any advice, technical, artistic or otherwise would be really appreciated. I kept all the EXIF info but the lenses I used were a Sigma 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6 and a Sigma 10-24mm F/3.5-5.6 (I think). The gallery is here: http://www.pbase.com/brandproductions/kelsey

The gallery was built to be a sampling of some of the better photo's I took. I realize that there are some 'key' shots missing from the group but the clients weren't extreemly cooperative and the guests a little less so.

Im relatively young and and I dont have any formal training so Im here to learn. Be brutally honest if you have to and thanks in advance for the help :)

~Kenny

soenda

Re: Looking for some pointers.

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:07 am

I don't know how many wedding photographers there are on Pbase, but there are sure a lot of them here:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/48. Good luck with your business.

brandproductions

Post Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:21 am

Thanks for the referal. I'll definately check that out.

~Kenny

elegantshotsphotography

Post Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:45 am

Hi Kenny, you had a good start. The only thing I would recommend is use some fill light on outdoor shots, its kinda dim.
On your career on being a wedding photographer here are some pointers to ponder....
1. Preparedness ( technicalities and organization )
2. Creativity ( out of the ordinary )
3. Composition ( rule of frame shots and moments )
4. Perserverance ( Its an exhausting job )
5. Having fun and passion on photography

Alvin

Board index Photography Artistic Questions Looking for some pointers.