Board index Photography Artistic Questions No need to advertise "nudity"

Artistic Questions

No need to advertise "nudity"

Discuss style and artistic aspects of photography
tirwin

No need to advertise "nudity"

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:57 am

Really, look how many galleries on Pbase are of middle aged guys taking pictures of nude models. I never thought I'd say this, but "no more naked women!" The photographs are bad, the models often questionable and the artistic merits mostly non existent. But still these galleries are regularly among the most popular. Who are we kidding. I thought this site was about good photographs, not just "t&a". Unless you can add something to the nude form of photography, please stick to flowers.

moxfactor

Re: No need to advertise "nudity"

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:12 am

i could say the same about many people's "absolutely horrid" street shots from self-proclaimed gods who spam the Show and Tell forum with what they think is witty titles for pathetic black and white photos, drunken afterparty shots, actual snapshots of a pile of cow poo or someone's vomit.

and you whine about naked women? yes. it's distasteful they use crappy tactics to draw people into their gallery, but people see what they want to see.

of all my galleries, my most viewed shot is a young man wearing one of my old japanese school uniform jackets. the shot itself is pathetic, and i keep it there for his sake more than mine. but most likely people have come across it googling for japanese school uniforms and expecting it to be semi-naked japanese girls.

if you ask me, i'd rather see an ugly naked woman than the used diapers from a baby that's only recently switching between milk and solids... thank you people, we know you love your kids, but please don't post their sh*t(literally) on here expecting us to have the same enthusiasm... :wink:

rileypm

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:45 pm

Looks like the time of year when we must beat the "nudity on pbase" issue to death again. I only see as much or as little nudity on pbase (or any other internet site) as I wish to see. Do nude photographers post their age? Though I am sure most nude photographers are men, I have no knowledge of their ages. One last thing, who said this was a place for good photographs? I thought it was a photo sharing site and the quality of the photos was dependent on the member's talents and desires. Very last thing, I like flowers as well.

akmc_in_au

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:38 am

moxfactor wrote:i could say the same about many people's "absolutely horrid" street shots from self-proclaimed gods who spam the Show and Tell forum with what they think is witty titles for pathetic black and white photos, drunken afterparty shots, actual snapshots of a pile of cow poo or someone's vomit.

I hear you, man. But thankfully some of us don't see it.

When the Forums were revamped a new feature was introduced; Friends and Foes. If you click on your Settings link at the top of the page (just below the Galleries tab), you'll be taken to the User Control Panel. Go to the "Friends and Foes" tab, then "Manage Foes". Enter the user name of the person in question, and submit.

It's safe to say that the person that you're referring to is #1 on the "most blocked" charts.

You'll still see the person's name when you look at the Forum main page (the one that lists the various sub-forums, and the name of the person who last posted), but their actual posts will be hidden from you.

gpaai

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:41 pm

I've never had a problem with nudes, but more so just being properly labeled in the public areas such as PAD. Members should have as much right to NOT be exposed as those who choose to be. Not sure how this would ever be accomplished.

Gary
I love photoshopography.......

gilp

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:37 pm

tirwin wrote:Really, look how many galleries on Pbase are of middle aged guys taking pictures of nude models. I never thought I'd say this, but "no more naked women!" The photographs are bad, the models often questionable and the artistic merits mostly non existent. But still these galleries are regularly among the most popular. Who are we kidding. I thought this site was about good photographs, not just "t&a". Unless you can add something to the nude form of photography, please stick to flowers.

As a T&A shooter....I can't help but agree, not all shoots of T&A are created equal...and many times, the phrase "who let the dogs out" should be followed by "pbase let the dogs out"... that being said, it's a bit normal for shooters of lesser talent to align themselves with models of canine-features.... it does not mean that you are dealling with -Horny men seeking easy women- , it may just mean -trying to learn about glamour photo and finding models willing to work with someone with few or no skills-

In the end, there is something for everyone....

surindersinghstudio

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Surinder Singh (+91-9971008151)
Advertising, Fashion & Travel Photographer
New Delhi, India.
http://www.SinghStyleStudio.com

Board index Photography Artistic Questions No need to advertise "nudity"