Board index Photography Artistic Questions I'm ready to TURN PRO

Artistic Questions

I'm ready to TURN PRO

Discuss style and artistic aspects of photography
akjack

I'm ready to TURN PRO

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:26 pm

I'v got the Rebel xi with kit lens and got some studio lights on e-bay for a few bucks. I figure I can make more money on 1 weddig than working a whole month at McDonalds....can you give me some advice ??? P.S. i have no experience in art or photography or business....It's just a big dream of mine....... 8)

azato

Re: I'm ready to TURN PRO

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:04 pm

Wow! You are a troll. A shameless one at that.

akjack wrote:I'v got the Rebel xi with kit lens and got some studio lights on e-bay for a few bucks. I figure I can make more money on 1 weddig than working a whole month at McDonalds....can you give me some advice ??? P.S. i have no experience in art or photography or business....It's just a big dream of mine....... 8)

akjack

A TROLL ???

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:48 am

is that a photographer who puts out a fishing line baited with B.S.(like a fancy flash website with crappy images) trying to catch a sucker(customer)????

louann108

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:05 am

Um...keep dreaming. Takes a LOT more than a Rebel and some lights. You're not a pro-the most you could charge to do a wedding at this rate is $200. Then you have to make proofs, either in print or online and find a lab to process the photos. There's cropping, retouching and resizing to do before that. A decent set of proofs should number well over 200 shots.

Why do so many people think that a DSLR and some lighting makes them a professional????

azato

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:11 pm

How many IDs are you going to create to feed this tread?

louann108 wrote:Um...keep dreaming. Takes a LOT more than a Rebel and some lights. You're not a pro-the most you could charge to do a wedding at this rate is $200. Then you have to make proofs, either in print or online and find a lab to process the photos. There's cropping, retouching and resizing to do before that. A decent set of proofs should number well over 200 shots.

Why do so many people think that a DSLR and some lighting makes them a professional????

louann108

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:50 pm

azato wrote:How many IDs are you going to create to feed this tread?

louann108 wrote:Um...keep dreaming. Takes a LOT more than a Rebel and some lights. You're not a pro-the most you could charge to do a wedding at this rate is $200. Then you have to make proofs, either in print or online and find a lab to process the photos. There's cropping, retouching and resizing to do before that. A decent set of proofs should number well over 200 shots.

You quote me and ask that? I'm not that person.

azato

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:39 pm

That was a mess up on my part. No, you are akjack.

louann108 wrote:
azato wrote:How many IDs are you going to create to feed this tread?

You quote me and ask that? I'm not that person.

akjack

What the ......108

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:02 pm

108 What difference does it make what Camera I have as long as it's a Canon or Nikon ? Both companys spend millions advertising that I will be a PRO if I use their equipment ? How dare you ? Are you kidding ? $200 for a wedding, that is chicken feed ! I want $2000 at least right from the start with no experience as I know others with less experience than me are charging at least that much !

Proofs ? I just give then a CD with a thousand images...i just shoot photos of everything and figure at least a few will turn out. I hope I get the right exposure but no big deal as these modern cameras do everyting for you...I'ts cool !

I'm not a pro....? come' on now.... I might join PPA !

Are you serious asking the question why so many people think they are a pro witih a Rebel and some lights ? No, i think it takes a little bit more than that. You should at least get one of those things you set a camera on.... It's got 3 legs !!!!

gilp

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:42 pm

hehehe..... I wish I knew that before I spent all that money on expensive equipement and cool business cards.... oh well.

halesr

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:02 pm

This thread is like watching a train wreck. You know you shouldn't look, but you just can't turn away so you stop and quawk. Thanks for the entertainment. Hmmmmmm. It is not a light hearted, poking fun thread? You could have fooled me. Or, I guess you dd fool me. Thanks for the entertainment. I have had a lot of laughs (perhaps smiles).--Rene

akjack

Great !!!!

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:44 pm

As long as you know it's more than dead serious, which you probably don't as many photograpers are in extreme denial !!!

gilp

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:20 pm

hey, I'm in total denial.... but the one thing I will never do is miss-type so horribly that things make no sense when read....

akjack

Gilp

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:03 am

I'm sure you would not !!! after all only craetives would do such a thing...and for future reference many are dilexic like for example...the word...word may be spelled wrod....keep shooting maybe in a another lifetime you many reach critical mass in creativity !!!! But in your case i doutb it !!!!

gilp

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:44 pm

I know I'm not creative, many people have told me, like the more than 3 000 000 people that have visited my port here...or the ones that help me earn a living taking bad pictures...or the ones that find my stuff so bad, they wanted everyone to know how bad it was by placing it in their publications...and some of my stuff was so bad, it had no other place than on the cover.

I'm really sorry that you had to look at my stuff and I apologize for the fact you had to live thru that horrible experience..... I tell you what, I'll go look at your pics so I can either get some inspiration....or if I'm not good enough...I'll just copy your style and techniques...

Oh... I just visited your port, no pictures... Maybe I can find your picts on your websites? No? wow.... I can't afford to fly to the Louvre or the Gug right now.... let me know when you are willing to put some of your stuff online so we can all bask in your ultimate wisdom and glory.... but for now... you're stuck with watching my (and everyone elses) horrible offerings.

akjack

Sorry friend

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:42 pm

I would not post images to such a site as this as i don't need feedback from newbies and etc. and don't have the ego gratification needs that a person like yourself must have....furthermore I have not looked at your site or need to or plan to.... (I see that your misplaced ego must of automatically assumed that I viewed your pictures) No matter how earth-shakeing you believe your photos are, i have seen similiar somewhere, sometime, no matter what the subject matter. (probably landscapes no doubt..with a setting sun....LOL .or amature models) BTW I almost never view images at Pbase....

after all, it's ONLY photography !!!! pretty soon robots will be programed to do it !!! probably already are !!!!

Next

Board index Photography Artistic Questions I'm ready to TURN PRO