Board index Photography Artistic Questions Begging for votes?

Artistic Questions

Begging for votes?

Discuss style and artistic aspects of photography
pegsam

Begging for votes?

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:58 am

I received an interesting comment on an image from a "guest" who blunting said "Don't beg for votes". :shock: Has anyone else gotten this? The only thing I can think of that would bring about this type of comment is the link that shows where you can "Vote for this image/gallery". Some of my galleries only shows the "Vote for this image" link above the comment box. Most of my other galleries have an additional link for "Post a comment". I use the alexc style sheet with the "Original" template for all of my galleries so I am not sure why there is a difference in how these links are presented.

I've never asked for a vote and really couldn't care any less about receiving a vote --- I'd much rather have a comment to a photo, although I do appreciate and thank those who have taken the time to vote (and comment) for something I posted.

Should I delete the comment or post a reply?
Last edited by pegsam on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stuegan

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:03 pm

I'd just delete the comment and not worry too much about it if I were you - it'll definitely be a PBase user if they know about the voting system...you get the occasional person that will logout so they can post as a "guest" and write something offensive or argumentative, rather than put their name to what they say. Or even create a new account so that they can say things anonymously - some people have too much time on their hands!

sean_mcr

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:10 pm

I would not dignify it with a repsonse.

dougj

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:39 pm

The poster might not be familiar with the style sheet, I suggest you just delete it and move on.

Board index Photography Artistic Questions Begging for votes?