Board index Photography Artistic Questions Wedding Reception advice needed please!

Artistic Questions

Wedding Reception advice needed please!

Discuss style and artistic aspects of photography
bangtwister

Wedding Reception advice needed please!

Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:06 pm

Hi all, im a complete newbie here and seeking some advice for next weekend please. :) .

I have a Canon 400D with the 18 - 55 lens and its a week old, so am trying to get to grips with it.

I am taking some fun snaps with it for the party in the evening and am interested to know what settings people would use for an event such as this. Its going to be inside for the evening.

I know its a well basic question but i gotta start somewhere! :)

Thanks in advance!

ghsmith178613

Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:25 pm

for your party, put it in a programmed mode, ISO 400, feed it a 2 gig card, and have some fun. the built-in flash isn't much, but it's better than nothing. the 400d is actually built ot handle a newbie and just about any situation. the book that came with the camera is quite good in describing the various auto modes.

unless you have PSCSx or Lightroom, use the software that came with the camera. the camera RAW software will help you cover a bunch of problems.

when you have more time to play with this camera, there is a lot of really good reading and lessons on the web. google "sunny 16 rule." when you begin to grasp some of the physics, you will be ready to take the camera out of program.
Forty years of photography.
Fifteen years of training young professional photographers.

Board index Photography Artistic Questions Wedding Reception advice needed please!