Board index Photography Artistic Questions "Him Against The World"

Artistic Questions

"Him Against The World"

Discuss style and artistic aspects of photography
sheila

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:51 am

Scott, you are such a hoot! You ask a question and when its answered in full, you say "nitpicker".

Scott, you are a waste of space :D

Cheers
Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

genghis45

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:02 am

sheila wrote:Scott, you are such a hoot! You ask a question and when its answered in full, you say "nitpicker".

Scott, you are a waste of space :D

Cheers
Sheila

I'll be honest here, Sheila. People like you and Riley have shown me nothing but enmity, so why waste my time replying to people who I can't take seriously? Three quarters of what you write is meant as provocation anyway. Go do something productive, such as practicing obtaining correct exposure.

:-)

sean_mcr

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:14 am

genghis45 wrote:
sean_mcr wrote:
jdepould wrote:
sean_mcr wrote:
Alls i do is look at photographs, i'll leave everything else to the admins, that side does not interest me to be honest.

Let's look at this one. Do you find the relationship between the police car and building interesting? I do because for a number of reasons.

Well for me the first thing i noticed was the building reflected in the rear window of the police car so when you look at the building in those two instances you have a horizontal and a vertical of the same building. There is only a glimpse though of the building. You've used a short lens the aspect looks naturally you could say that it could be a vantage point of a police officer waiting for somebody to burst out of the store

It really depends on how you read a photograph because a photograph like a poem can mean different things to different people.

I don't care where or how you post Scott as long as we keep it civil and talk about photographs that's fine by me

It's been said that the best critique of a photograph is the photograph itself. If you have to explain your photographs you've somewhat failed photography and narrative are uneasy bedfellows

antorug

No Police car

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:03 pm

find it interesting?.......No police car

http://www.pbase.com/antorug/inbox

rileypm

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:39 pm

Please excuse me Mr. genghis45. I do not recall ever showing you anything but polite courtesy. If I am mistaken in this, please post a link to my rude behavior. You posted a photo with a question. I did my best to answer, yet you will not explain what you find so interesting about the relationship of the police car and the building. I had thought that you were genuine. It looks as though you are bent on proving me wrong. I would rather you prove me right.

sean_mcr

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:57 pm

rileypm wrote:Please excuse me Mr. genghis45. I do not recall ever showing you anything but polite courtesy. If I am mistaken in this, please post a link to my rude behavior. You posted a photo with a question. I did my best to answer, yet you will not explain what you find so interesting about the relationship of the police car and the building. I had thought that you were genuine. It looks as though you are bent on proving me wrong. I would rather you prove me right.

I've got to agree with riley there Scott. You may not agree with what he said but if you're going to pose a question surley you can respond with more then "Nit picking" i'm sure you're bigger then that

Previous

Board index Photography Artistic Questions "Him Against The World"