Board index Photography Artistic Questions critique my photo - how do you interpret it?

Artistic Questions

critique my photo - how do you interpret it?

Discuss style and artistic aspects of photography
reflectionsbyruth

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:54 pm

I like the original :) but maybe crop out the bushes to the right just until you get to the tree branches and possibly a little from the bottom if you dont want it as square a crop, whatever you feel comfortable on the bottom cropping :)

doherty

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:07 pm

Thanks all for your replies. I messed around with cropping the original, but everything I tried still seemed really unbalanced (too heavy on the right side).

So I tried moving the fisherman over to the left side. Here is the result. I Think this composition is much more pleasing. However, I can't tell on my monitor if the cloning is real obvious. Perhaps some fresh pbase eyes would help.

andrys

Post Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:59 am

doherty wrote:Thanks all for your replies. I messed around with cropping the original, but everything I tried still seemed really unbalanced (too heavy on the right side).

So I tried moving the fisherman over to the left side. Here is the result. I Think this composition is much more pleasing. However, I can't tell on my monitor if the cloning is real obvious. Perhaps some fresh pbase eyes would help.

For fresh eyes it's going to be difficult to tell it from the original,
since the original on page 1 seems to be the same as this final one now.

I like it, but since you asked, there is a dark area around the boat
and person. I think you were close enough with the actual original
to just crop differently to get what you want.

Whatever, it's a nice image and mood.

Previous

Board index Photography Artistic Questions critique my photo - how do you interpret it?