Board index Photography Technical Questions HDR - What happened?

Technical Questions

HDR - What happened?

Discuss technical aspects of photography
ati_m

HDR - What happened?

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:21 am

Hi..

I have a little problem when setting together my HDRs in photomatix..

This is the photo:
http://www.pbase.com/ati_m/image/108494103/large

This has happened to me twice now.. but I dont know why, because there is no such marks in non of the single photos... ?
Are there any other hdr softwares besides photomatix and photoshop?

thanks in advance!

/Attila

moffetb

Re: HDR - What happened?

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:06 pm

Looks like the software couldn't register the photographs well enough to line them up. If you look at the lights in the tall building on the left side of the photo, it looks like it's been shifted about 10 right percent of the image and maybe up 5 percent of the image. The building and lights on the right side of the photo look like they're incorrect as well.

That's just me looking at it and guessing. If you can force the registration rather than having the software guess at it, that may help.

Brian

nelu_goia

Re: HDR - What happened?

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:20 pm

It all depends of the settings used in Photomatix. I don`t think the photos are shifted that much (10%).
I use PhotoAcute, which I think it`s the best but it`s not a true HDR software. From the exposure-bracketed files it will create a dng file with a huge gamut. You can then process it in Lightroom, Photomatix or Photoshop,for that matter.
Google it and give it a try. The trial version is fully functional but it will watermark the output file.
Regards,
Nelu

Board index Photography Technical Questions HDR - What happened?