Board index Photography Technical Questions Data Recovery

Technical Questions

Data Recovery

Discuss technical aspects of photography
sloaner

Data Recovery

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:25 pm

I guess this is a tech question. I am trying to recover some images off a SD card using the camera to connect to the computer to read the card from. I think that may be a problem because the software I already have didn't recognize the camera as a device. I think I will have to get a card reader to plug into the computer. Does any one recommend any software for this job? Does any one know of a brand that will recognize my camera as a storage device?
Thanks for the help.
sloaner

prinothcat

Re: Data Recovery

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:04 am

I'm thinking we could use some additional info here...
Like OS and version, interface (USB, Firewire), camera type..etc. Then maybe someone might be betterable to help. MY gut says you can do it, butyou will need to get your OS to ignore it's default behavior when the camera is plugged in. The computer doesn't care what the device is, it only reacts the way it instruction set tells it too. Change the instruction set and you're in. A card reader would work better.

sloaner

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:16 pm

Thanks. I have Windows XP SP2 and a Nikon D50. I am using USB to connect it to the computer. The files on the card are downloading to my computer right now. I went and got my license for "File Scavenger" recovery software updated and it's working fine. It recognized the card in my camera as a storage point. I recommend this software but they're a little restrictive about transfering the license from one computer to another.
If the image I am looking for isn't on the camera card I will have to search my old hard drives for it.
sloaner

ride_the_spiral

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:21 pm

This software is amazing.. and free!

Good luck.

http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file_re ... language=1
Canon EOS 5D | Canon EOS 3 | Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM | Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM | Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM | Sigma 70mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro
http://www.pbase.com/ride_the_spiral

Board index Photography Technical Questions Data Recovery