Board index Photography Technical Questions how to construct a hi tech studio

Technical Questions

how to construct a hi tech studio

Discuss technical aspects of photography
sanmugalab

how to construct a hi tech studio

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:09 pm

what types of materials need?
I have 800 square feet place for studio purpose.
how it is designed.

offtheradar

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:42 pm

If you plan on doing sports photography you're going to need a bigger studio. (kidding)

Not sure why, but I have a feeling people with enough skills to *need* a high tech studio don't need to ask how to make one in a forum. Not trying to be rude, it's just a really strange question.

When you say a high tech studio, I picture everything from flagship cameras to MacPro computers with multiple 30 inch monitors displaying the shots as they're being taken wirelessly. Props, lights, fans, backdrops, scaffolding, reflectors, medium formats with digital backs...maybe you could be more specific with your request and it might help narrow down what in particular you're looking to do? I have a very low tech studio for product photography at home, was looking forward to seeing tips on how to improve.

gilp

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:09 pm

here's our space... 800sqf is a bit on the small side unless you are planning to concentrate on portraits/product exclusively... you need some distance between the subject and the lens in order to get good dof.

For a studio which is intended as a "modeling" one,

a Good make-up room, whashroom, shower room and kitchenette... they are all useless to take pictures but important to make your people happy and productive.

a seemless wall is also a must, possibly a grid to hang lights and props, a lounge for guest....and it goes on and on... and last but not least... about 200G !

here's our place:

white seemless wall (20' x 14') with 8' color backdrops and a bunch of lighting tools

a view from the seemless, plenty of different shooting surfaces, a cool vibe and good throw distance for good DOF

a makeup room

a kitchenette

and a payment every month to mr.banker!

Board index Photography Technical Questions how to construct a hi tech studio