Board index Photography Technical Questions Screen Brightness

Technical Questions

Screen Brightness

Discuss technical aspects of photography
michaelachan

Screen Brightness

Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:15 pm

I have a query as to whether my camera has poor image quality or if it's just because my laptop screen is bright.

When I view my images straight off the camera on my laptop, night images are often rendered badly and where it should be black, it's almost streaky. (I have a 350d) I almost certainly have to boost the contrast of the image up because it doesn't cut it, even though I have contrast and saturation up one notch on custom functions.

However when I view my images on the college screens, it's often dark and where the picture is streaky black on my laptop, it is pure black on the college computer.

I recently took some pictures on my friends 40d, copied the images onto my laptop and where it's black, its perfectly black. Anybody know what could be the issue?

andrys

Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:53 pm

star_fusion88,
Try this page.

http://epaperpress.com/monitorcal

madlights

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:19 pm

That's good advice from Andrys. Also I have both an LCD and a CRT and it seems to me the LCD is natively a LOT brighter. It seems many people I've talked to end up turning down the brightness some on LCDs...the process and charts on the EPP site are really good for doing this...It can take a while to get it close by eye, but can be done.

Board index Photography Technical Questions Screen Brightness