Board index Photography Technical Questions Unlocking pbase for schools

Technical Questions

Unlocking pbase for schools

Discuss technical aspects of photography
mohawkhsphotos

Unlocking pbase for schools

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:16 am

I asked this before but still am not sure of what I can tell the local high school to do so pbase is not a restricted site. They tried last year but was not sucessful it unlocking it and I didn't know what to do to help.

I pretty much need a step by step outline to follow. Last time some people on here were talking about proxy servers, i5.pbase.com etc and I didn't have a clue what to tell them to do.

If there is a thread that explains this, that would be fine also.

I will forward this to the superintendent and the IT person so they can follow it.

Thanking you in advance.

djwixx

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:50 am

Given that Pbase contains nudity, would you want it as a unrestricted site at a school?

sean_mcr

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:16 am

Thats the very reason i won't take my nephew to the musem, all those nude people in those paintings. Couldn't Michelangelo have put a coat on David?

No wonder kids can't speak to their parents about anything relating to their body when they're taught that the naked body is something that's best not seen or talked about
What uses having a great depth of field, if there is not an adequate depth of feeling? -

W. Eugene Smith

djwixx

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:38 pm

sean_mcr wrote:Thats the very reason i won't take my nephew to the musem, all those nude people in those paintings. Couldn't Michelangelo have put a coat on David?

No wonder kids can't speak to their parents about anything relating to their body when they're taught that the naked body is something that's best not seen or talked about

It was a question - I'm as broad minded (dare I say liberal :shock:) as the next person! I was curious where Pbase would list with various filters in place. I gather many places block it simple because it's a photo hosting site.

mohawkhsphotos

Anyone?

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:20 pm

Anyone?

djwixx

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:40 pm

It depends on what network setup you have and what tools you have in place and what blocking filters there are and at what point in the network. How do you enable other websites? With regard to proxy servers you should only need to add pbase.com.

dang

Post Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:06 pm

Right... Pbase has NO control over it's self being blocked. This is done by whomever has administrative control over the computer network at the school. So if you want it unblocked, you'll need to speak to them directly. If they aren't sure what to do, then I'd suggest they contact support@pbase.com via email for help.

gpaai

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:55 pm

sean_mcr wrote:Thats the very reason i won't take my nephew to the musem, all those nude people in those paintings. Couldn't Michelangelo have put a coat on David?

I love it when I see people compare pbase images to the works of the Masters.

:lol:
I love photoshopography.......

djwixx

Post Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:27 am

gpaai wrote:

:D But surely a naked picture of my wife is comparable to the masters work :D

gpaai

Post Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:33 pm

djwixx wrote:
gpaai wrote:

:D Well I guess I could be convinced with an image or two... :D Hey I like how you have two edits of each image in your galleries.

djwixx

Post Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:21 pm

gpaai wrote:
djwixx wrote:
gpaai wrote:

:D Well I guess I could be convinced with an image or two... :D Hey I like how you have two edits of each image in your galleries.

This is as close as it gets or that I'm letting you see :roll:

and apologies for the distractiion from the original post :oops:

ehreng

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:05 pm

to return to the original question, the schools I work at don't block the image viewing aspect of pbase, just the forum. Course I have no idea why they chose to block forums, but maybe that's what your school is doing as well? It would be a place to check.

Schools block too much anyway... half the time I can't even get a decent word search for the kids I see because those qualify as games and are blocked. Good luck

gpaai

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:21 pm

djwixx wrote:
gpaai wrote:
djwixx wrote:
gpaai wrote:

This is as close as it gets or that I'm letting you see :roll:

and apologies for the distractiion from the original post :oops:

I surely hope you know that I was just joking... :?

djwixx

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:34 pm

Of course - just having some fun!!!

Board index Photography Technical Questions Unlocking pbase for schools