Board index PBase PaD Discussion Importance of timing

PaD Discussion

Importance of timing

discuss photo-a-day projects
hgebeaux

Importance of timing

Post Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:28 am

I have realized that because I post my PaD around the same time (mornings), I end up viewing other PaDs posted close to that same time, so I am seeing many of the same people every day.
Luckily, the ones I've been seeing are great photographers, but I was just wondering what I'm missing by this timing thing. I wish I had more time to check the PaD gallery out, but I don't.
So, timing is not only important in the taking of the picture, but it seems to be important in the viewing of it.
Hmmm....
I know, "Get a Life, Howard."
Howard

wangi

Post Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:46 am

Rather than look at the "new" PAD shots you could just look at the ones (say) 4 pages back?

http://www.pbase.com/pad?view=recent&begin=37

matiasasun

Re: Importance of timing

Post Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:48 pm

hgebeaux wrote:I know, "Get a Life, Howard."

Au contrarie! It is because you have a life that this is happening.

I´m not a PaD dude, so I´ll ask is this a common feeling around PaDers?
Matias, Chile - http://www.pbase.com/matiasasun
Resources, HOWTOs, Samples and more! - http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

adalberto_tiburzi

Post Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:52 pm

Not easy to find even friends who post 12 hours before. After 3 pages I begin to get confused :? .
8) Adal

clickaway

Post Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:37 pm

I use a combination of 'favourites' and the PaD meta gallery.

Let's face it, the meta gallery doesn't take too long to browse if you are selective in which thumbnails you wish to view.

Living in Europe, I have my morning drink in front of the PC with that 'nights' uploads - but then I don't have a family to have breakfast with. But I must admit, I'm not always bright enough to comment at that time

R

polyvios

Post Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:59 pm

What I find confusing with the meta-gallery is that by the time I get to visiting the photos on one page and click for the next it's updated (3-4 times) and I get the same shots, like Adal said it gets REALLY confusing after 3-4 pages especially since the number of PADers (or to be more realistic - the number of people in the meta-gallery) is rising by the hour!

I wrote a html little page with favourites consisting of simple links to PAD galleries that open in new windows. Once I'm done with that I have a quick look into the meta-gallery to find new/interesting people and maybe add them to my own list.

gpaai

Post Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:49 pm

polyvios wrote:I wrote a html little page with favourites consisting of simple links to PAD galleries that open in new windows. Once I'm done with that I have a quick look into the meta-gallery to find new/interesting people and maybe add them to my own list.

Wow! I hope I'm on your list... :D

I have put my regular views in my "Favorite Artist" page. I then view the general PAD population depending on the time I have.

Gary
I love photoshopography.......

defytime

Post Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:17 am

Sometimes I take a pic that day but don't get it loaded up till the following day. Then my pic doesn't make it on the PAD search. Kinda sucks. One reason why I have so few comments on my pics, and maybe also is that they suck...haha hope it's not the last part.

juliewood

Post Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:20 am

polyvios wrote:What I find confusing with the meta-gallery is that by the time I get to visiting the photos on one page and click for the next it's updated (3-4 times) and I get the same shots, like Adal said it gets REALLY confusing after 3-4 pages especially since the number of PADers (or to be more realistic - the number of people in the meta-gallery) is rising by the hour!

Agreed - it would be nice if as well as a "first" and "next" there was also a "previous." It would make it a little easier to navigate.

35sur

Post Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:27 am

I submit my photo all over the place, sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the evening, over the weekend I posted three days worth in one go. It all depends on two things - when exactly I take the shot and when I have time to upload it! Some of us work, you know....... :D ;)

I usually look back through 6 pages of thumbnails and comment on the ones that leap out, plus of course Gavin's because he forced me to start PaD in the first place (under great duress!). I actually try to comment on ones with fewer comments, the ones that I think deserve more. 8)

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Importance of timing