Board index PBase PaD Discussion Thoughts on Posting Comments

PaD Discussion

Thoughts on Posting Comments

discuss photo-a-day projects
adalberto_tiburzi

Post Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:43 pm

Since I work in a very unconscious way, don't plan, don't set up anything. just shoot what seems interesting to me,
I'd say that comments of a certain, "reading" kind are very welcome.
Most of the times, I understand what I have done through the eyes of the others.
They help me to reconstruct the secret hidden path that drove me to take a certain photo without being aware of its meaning.
And often I change titles and captions according to what people see in the image, as soon as I am illuminated by the comments of the others.
This is an example of today:
http://www.pbase.com/image/34609212

Comment:
The little plant is cowering in the corner. The shadow of winter approaches. Or is it the 'Grim Reaper'??

Never could I have thought of the Grim Reaper or so, taking this shot.
But now, seems almost obvious... :shock:
Thankyou Northstar!
8) Adal

northstar37

Post Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:01 pm

:)

jamtarts

Post Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:23 pm

My view on the comments is that I'd probably have given up PAD without them, I have recently become a dad and found time very hard to spare for PAD although I thoroughly enjoy taking part in the project,

I don't get that many views to my images but there are a few people (thanks guys!!!) who regularly leave supportive and friendly constructive comments, as a complete novice I found and indeed still find this very helpful and as previously mentioned if it hadn't been for these guys help I reckon I'd reluctantly have given up PAD,

as for providing comments, I feel I'm not really in a postion to offer technical help as I'm learning myself as I go along, I will and have provided help in areas asked for that I feel I can comment on, and will point out how much I like a picture, I try to provide as much help as I can,

Overall though I feel pictures are like music, there is no bad pictures just pictures that appeal to ourselves more than they would to someone else and is all down to the taste of the viewer,
Wacka! Wacka! Wacka!
http://www.pbase.com/jamtarts

Previous

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Thoughts on Posting Comments