Board index PBase PaD Discussion IDEAS NEEDED FOR APRIL

PaD Discussion

IDEAS NEEDED FOR APRIL

discuss photo-a-day projects
lynnh

IDEAS NEEDED FOR APRIL

Post Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:43 pm

Sorry I've been sort of out of pocket in the second half of March. Helping folks do their taxes and then jury duty and a bunch of medical tests scheduled (nothing serious). Hoping April will be better.

It's time to get started on April's challenge. I was thinking about April Showers Bring May Flowers. My suggestion for April is Landscapes. But it's up to you all. Please bring your suggestions!
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

cjphipps_servo

Re: IDEAS NEEDED FOR APRIL

Post Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:08 pm

Well, hum! I am practically house-bound and
only see a landscape occasionally. Would be nice
to see other peoples landscapes, though. Maybe
I can come up with something.

Thinking and can probably come up with an idea
For to make “landscapes” workable.

clickaway

Post Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:51 pm

To make it more inclusive, we could go for landscape or even panoramic format, perhaps using a 16:9 ratio which is more slender than 7:5 or 3:2. So it would be the format irrespective of subject matter.

Alternatively, 'Natural World' could include a traditional landscape shot but also any number of scenes from a garden, local park or even a window box with some flowers!

ray

sleddog

Post Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:28 pm

I'll try anything, I'm not a very good landscape photographer and April is pretty bland up in my neck of the woods. Does this mean people cannot be part of the submitted image?

laroseforest

Post Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:25 pm

I like the idea of landscapes as interpreted by Ray (scenes from a garden, local park or even a window box with some flowers!). Sounds like a good one for April. I should think people can be part of the landscape, along with animals and....

lynnh

Post Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:40 pm

My apologies, I meant Landscape in the broader sense - literally. I didn't mean you are limited to photos of meadows. In art school I learned that Landscape meant a composition where the subjects are broader than tall. A parking lot can be a landscape. A wide angle view can be a landscape.

But I like Ray's idea about Natural World or Pano. Actaully, Pano would be my idea of landscape format.
I'll start a thread since it's the 1st already for my overseas friends. Natural it is!! Thanks everyone.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

cjphipps_servo

Post Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:51 pm

Yes, Ray’s idea of natural world and pano is doable.

Board index PBase PaD Discussion IDEAS NEEDED FOR APRIL