Board index PBase PaD Discussion November 2020 Challenge - Thanks for the Memories, Past and Present

PaD Discussion

November 2020 Challenge - Thanks for the Memories, Past and Present

discuss photo-a-day projects
bdean

November 2020 Challenge - Thanks for the Memories, Past and Present

Post Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:46 pm

The COVID-19 pandemic may be limiting our movements and interactions with family and friends but it can never take away our memories nor our ability to notice and appreciate things that we may have taken for granted before.

This month let's post photos of memories and things that we are grateful for. Post one photo per day or as often as you are able. Provide a link here in the forum. Feel free to use archived photos. Please comment if you can but absolutely no pressure.

If you cannot post a photo, please drop in and say hello from time to time. During this difficult time, it is important for us all to remain connected as a "Pbase" family.

Be safe and be well!

chrishadden

Re: November 2020 Challenge - Thanks for the Memories, Past and Present

Post Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:40 pm

Thank you Brenda for hosting

Memories of Max, our companion for nearly 16 years

cjphipps_servo

Post Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:09 pm

https://pbase.com/cjphipps_servo/image/171183859

Cuddling Pets

Hope you’ll check out the quotes on my November Gallery page.
Thanks for the new challenge, Brenda.
Last edited by cjphipps_servo on Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

cjphipps_servo

Post Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:10 pm

Thanks for new challenge.

amoxtli

Post Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:58 pm

Introductory note:
Adelaida and I have been in quarantine since March 13. I mainly only leave the house to go shopping and walking. In July my photography group started a limited number of photo shoots for small groups with strict social distancing and compulsory mask wearing, so I get some images from these events.
I began my PaD Gallery 1/1/2008 and have not missed a day since then. It would have been a pity to break the long streak, so I decided to continue My PaD Gallery during the virus and it has been more challenging and also more fun. I will be posting my newest photo a day here for the month of November. I will add a little background story when appropriate. I am looking forward to seeing your images.

November 1: Sunrise at the lake near our house this morning. There is a trail around the lake, so I get six miles walking in there about five times a week. I love to walk at dawn because it's a magical time to see night turn to day. There are also less people and the light is not as harsh.

Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

bdean

Post Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:23 pm

Introductory note:

Like many of you, I have been quarantining since March 16. I've been out for long walks with my husband or alone but other than that, I have not left the house except for medical appointments. I retired on October 29 and am looking forward to getting back into photography. I learned today that I have forgotten a lot. It is quite blustery today...of course, I could not remember how to set shutter speed on this camera. :? Looking forward to relearning!

bdean

Post Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:27 pm

cjphipps_servo wrote:Thanks for new challenge.

Good to see you, Carol! Glad you are joining us!

bdean

Post Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:30 pm

amoxtli wrote:Introductory note:
Adelaida and I have been in quarantine since March 13. I mainly only leave the house to go shopping and walking. In July my photography group started a limited number of photo shoots for small groups with strict social distancing and compulsory mask wearing, so I get some images from these events.
I began my PaD Gallery 1/1/2008 and have not missed a day since then. It would have been a pity to break the long streak, so I decided to continue My PaD Gallery during the virus and it has been more challenging and also more fun. I will be posting my newest photo a day here for the month of November. I will add a little background story when appropriate. I am looking forward to seeing your images.

November 1: Sunrise at the lake near our house this morning. There is a trail around the lake, so I get six miles walking in there about five times a week. I love to walk at dawn because it's a magical time to see night turn to day. There are also less people and the light is not as harsh.

I agree that dawn is a magical time. So peaceful. I'm learning to layer clothing to adjust for our colder temperatures here in Upstate NY. I've bought YakTrax too so that I can continue to walk this winter. Thanks for joining us, Walter.

chenchena

Post Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:54 am

A little lake in the forest reflects its mood

A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his/her life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful. (free to J.W. von Goethe)

amoxtli

Post Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:51 pm

November 2: Amur Leopard at the San Diego Zoo this morning. The Zoo admits a limited number of visitors each day. Strict social distancing is enforced as is the wearing of masks. I have been going to the Zoo every Monday for about two months.

Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

bdean

Post Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:04 pm

Day 2 is a bit of a challenge weather-wise. It's bitterly cold out today. The temperature is hovering around freezing and we have wind gusts up to 45 mph. We had about an inch of snow overnight but it has melted now. It was snowing a few minutes ago and I'm sure we'll get some more before Indian Summer arrives on Wednesday. I decided to walk around the house and continue to relearn how to use my Canon Powershot G11, Lightroom and Pbase. I didn't have to go too far before I was walking down memory lane...back to September 23, 2013 in the Netherlands...

bdean

Post Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:15 pm

[quote="chenchena"]A little lake in the forest reflects its mood

Glad you are joining us, Mieke!

lainesphotos

Post Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:35 am

Thanks Brenda for starting this off for the month.
Meeting and holidaying with several Pbase friends in Europe and the UK has provided me with many memories.

cjphipps_servo

Post Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:38 am

Trees at Sunset

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion November 2020 Challenge - Thanks for the Memories, Past and Present