Board index PBase PaD Discussion April Could be a Challenge

PaD Discussion

April Could be a Challenge

discuss photo-a-day projects
lainesphotos

April Could be a Challenge

Post Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:10 am

Possibly the most challenging time throughout the world and for Pbase Monthly Challenges since many if not all are under tight restrictions when it comes to going out and about with our cameras in search of a daily photograph. So here are a couple of ideas that I have had but this ideas discussion is open to anyone so if you can think of anything please add it here. We still have a couple of days to make a final decision.

My suggestions are
1/ create a gallery then each day select one of the photos you have posted in the past. We all have some that may have been missed by our followers and not commented on..these, rather than the popular ones are what I would recommend linking to your new gallery....remember linking does not use any more gb so basically you are doing a month for free. If you want you can create a theme, or anything in general, the choice is yours.

2/ create a gallery using photos you have in your files, on USBs, or cards that you never got around to posting..we all have those.

Either would mean never having to leave home which is exactly how we are living at the moment, thankfully by choice and not out of necessity. But sadly that is not the way for everyone and I am very sorry for any of our Pbase " family " who may be impacted by this dreadful pandemic. But let us continue to stay connected which is very important, especially for those who are isolated from families.

jeanb

April

Post Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:58 pm

'Feel Good Fotos.'
Taken any time, any subject, but cheerful and upbeat. Heaven knows, we all need it.
New photos, old photos, any subject. Anything that will bring a smile to your face.

For those who prefer a little more challenge, how about an additional Spring Challenge. Suggest ‘Angles and Lines’.

laroseforest

Re: April Could be a Challenge

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:24 am

I like both suggestions, Laine's and JeanB's. Maybe we could combine them somehow?

lainesphotos

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:30 am

Of course we can combine...this is what we are all doing throughout the world...working and sharing.
Jean's idea and my second choice pretty much the same....
Lets just post, touch base every day...if we can postpone the Olympics for a year and still call it 2020 then we can do anything :D :D

jeanb

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:11 am

lainesphotos wrote:Of course we can combine...this is what we are all doing throughout the world...working and sharing.
...if we can postpone the Olympics for a year and still call it 2020 then we can do anything :D :D

That's for sure :D

chenchena

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:25 am

A combination of two suggestions I think would be wonderful. The subject Feel good Photos is a great title.
A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his/her life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful. (free to J.W. von Goethe)

laroseforest

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:03 pm

I really like this idea and I love the suggestion of calling the challenge Feel Good Photos. Exactly what we need during these times.

chrishadden

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:47 pm

laroseforest wrote:I really like this idea and I love the suggestion of calling the challenge Feel Good Photos. Exactly what we need during these times.

A good plan and “Feel Good Photos” is the perfect name for the April Challenge, thanks to Laine and jeanb.

clickaway

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:31 pm

Count Me In !

Board index PBase PaD Discussion April Could be a Challenge