Board index PBase PaD Discussion April Challenge Ideas Anyone ?

PaD Discussion

April Challenge Ideas Anyone ?

discuss photo-a-day projects
lynnh

Re: April Challenge Ideas Anyone ?

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Maybe we could do 4 weeks, each getting progressively closer to our subject.
Week 1 - wide as we can go.
Week 2 - something closer, maybe at 35-50mm
Week 3 - closer - telephoto
Week 4 - as close as we can/macro or fill the frame
The last 2 days are free to do as you wish.
The hard part of the challenge would be to select the subjects that would work best with each weeks lens.
Examples
Week 1 - a sunset works in wide
Week 2 - a Celebration works, a parade for example
Week 3 - an instrument would work, you want to see the whole shape and details
Week 4 - Texture works in macro and fill the frame.
What do you think?
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

lainesphotos

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks ladies, both are well explained. I think perhaps if we are to do them then it would be best to forget the list and choose your own subject to just concentrate on the lens settings though.
As I only have a very small window of time each day to get my shot ( and I know some of you are in the same position ) trying to match two challenges is not possible. Of course that being said feel free to use any or all of the list if you wish

Laine

lynnh

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:10 pm

I would rather do the list and try to mix it up when I have the time. I haven't been using my big camera except for weekend trips. Using a PS camera for my daily shots, so the less technical the challenge, the better for me. I was only suggesting a scenario... maybe for those who have the time and proper equipment.

I think we should have a technical challenge that is separate from the monthly theme. Doing technical stuff for 30 days is difficult for most. I would like to have a technical challenge weekly or bi-weekly. It would be manageable for me.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

janicecd

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:18 am

Well, it's April 01 in 3 more hours here in NZ - so please will someone please get the ball rolling and work out what and how April's challenge is to go.

Looking forward to the new challenge- thanks to Laine and Maaike for your ideas.

jdonnelly

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:39 pm

I vote for just the list .... and anybody who wants to add on to that their own technical challenge should simply go ahead and do it. :D

Previous

Board index PBase PaD Discussion April Challenge Ideas Anyone ?