Board index PBase PaD Discussion MAY's TRADITIONAL MONTHLY CHALLENGE

PaD Discussion

MAY's TRADITIONAL MONTHLY CHALLENGE

discuss photo-a-day projects
janicecd

MAY's TRADITIONAL MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:49 am

Anyone got any ideas about May's challenge please???
It's May tomorrow in NZ and Australia

janicecd

Re: MAY's TRADITIONAL MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:32 am

Barbara - I hope you are still going to do a daily theme too. I thoroughly enjoyed following that challenge too

lynnh

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:54 am

How about titles from Children's Fairytales. Here is a list of from Wiki. There are a lot of them and many could be interpreted in different ways.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fairy_tales

Or we can use the Principals and Elements of Design -
http://www.makart.com/resources/artclass/EPlist.html
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

cl_rollins

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:50 pm

How about shadows. All types of shadows/light and shadow play.

amoxtli

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Good Morning. I liked it when there was only one monthly challenge, and participants were concentrating only on it. Two or more challenges reduces the number of participants and submissions in each challenge and also the quality of the images as some participants are using one image for multiple challenges. Have a great day. :D
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

jdonnelly

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:45 pm

I tend to agree with Walter ....... I liked it better when we weren't all scattered around.

As an idea for a May challenge ........ Our photos for the month will actually end up being our own personal Gratitude List. In other words, you take pictures of (or a representation of) whatever in your life you are most grateful for.

Janet

emmelafoto

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:02 pm

I agree too. I have enjoyed March and April, but I like to go back to one traditionel challenge.
And I would like it to be a technical challenge.
That is why I like Carol's idea about shadows. Gives us lots of possibilities.

Maaike

borisalex

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:16 pm

We had in November 2012

Lights/Lines/Shadows

An idea could be about festivities. Private like a wedding, public like a concert, or parties, or as we have here a lot of "Volksfeste" (ask Walter)!!

One example taken today:

Another idea could be "Places", where have you been, what did you do.....

I was at the laundry today.... :D

Image tommorrow!!
Last edited by borisalex on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kstuebin

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:46 pm

I agree with everyone about one challenge. Having said that, this is a busy month for me photographically speaking. I have to document various wildflowers, people are asking me to shoot this and that because they're out of winter hibernation. And also for personal reasons, my life is kind of challenging right now. So I will try whatever everyone decides but may not be able to join in. I will follow though if I can't.

kstuebin

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:34 pm

And even if I can't do it, I like Lynn's suggestion about the principles of design. I think it ties in with photography nicely because all the elements we use in photographs are there. And since this is a seasonal turning point for everyone, I think there may be a lot of natural photos.

janicecd

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:40 pm

So many suggestions – I think we will have to vote

I too like Lynn’s idea of Principals and Elements of Design - line, shape, space, value, color and texture.

And I also like Janet’s Gratitude suggestion too

jdonnelly

Post Wed May 01, 2013 12:28 am

We did the 7 Elements of Art including ........ Texture * Form * Space * Line * Shape * Color * Value ... back in October of 2011. But I thought is was a good challenge then and worth repeating now.

Well, of course I still would like to do the "Gratitude List" challenge ........ but I realize that it is much more personal, rather than a technical challenge.

chrishadden

Post Wed May 01, 2013 4:31 am

[quote="jdonnelly"]We did the 7 Elements of Art including ........ Texture * Form * Space * Line * Shape * Color * Value ... back in October of 2011. But I thought is was a good challenge then and worth repeating now.

The 7 elements of Art could be used in the same way as Barbara's one a day challenge, starting today with Texture etc.

I am unable to post every day at the moment but will join in and comment when I can.

Happy May Day to everyone, Chris

borisalex

Post Wed May 01, 2013 7:07 am

Places :D :mrgreen:

Is my blue shirt clean or is it in the laundry? All my socks are in the laundry. What shall I do?

emmelafoto

Post Wed May 01, 2013 8:03 am

The 7 elements of design: form, shape, line, space, value, color and texture. Fine to me. Who starts?
It is the 1st of May already, here.

Maaike

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion MAY's TRADITIONAL MONTHLY CHALLENGE