Board index PBase PaD Discussion MAY's TRADITIONAL MONTHLY CHALLENGE

PaD Discussion

MAY's TRADITIONAL MONTHLY CHALLENGE

discuss photo-a-day projects
janicecd

Re: MAY's TRADITIONAL MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Post Wed May 01, 2013 9:00 am

I'm happy with the 7 elements of design: form, shape, line, space, value, color and texture. Lots to think about

The Elements of Design are the things that artists and designers work with to create a design, or composition. The Elements are: line, shape, space, value, color and texture.

Line … The Graphic Unifier, Curved, Straight. Directional Thrust: Horizontal, Vertical, and Diagonal.

Shape … Naturalistic, Geometric. (The Golden Mean)

Space / Size … Large, Medium, Small. Proportion or Scale. (The Golden Mean)(Perspective)

Value … Light, Dark. (Value Patterns)(Arial Perspective)

Color … Hue, Chroma, and Value. (The Color Wheel)

Texture … Rough, Smooth, Soft, Hard.

emmelafoto

Post Wed May 01, 2013 9:27 am

and Form ....Form is any three dimensional object. Form can be measured, from top to bottom (height), side to side (width), and from back to front (depth). Form is also defined by light and dark. There are two types of form, geometric (man-made) and natural (organic form). Form may be created by the combining of two or more shapes. It may be enhanced by tone, texture and color. It can be illustrated or constructed.

lainesphotos

Post Wed May 01, 2013 11:23 pm

I wont be joining in this month as commitments to other things prevent me from giving the challenge my time.
Best wishes to all those taking part...

Laine

lynnh

Post Thu May 02, 2013 2:07 am

Example of FORM

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Previous

Board index PBase PaD Discussion MAY's TRADITIONAL MONTHLY CHALLENGE