Board index PBase PaD Discussion Monthly Challenge Suggestion...

PaD Discussion

Monthly Challenge Suggestion...

discuss photo-a-day projects
kstuebin

Re: Monthly Challenge Suggestion...

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:49 pm

lynnh wrote:My sporatic internet use is why Barbara's challenge doesn't work well for me. I never know when I'll be able to post. I would only be able to do the her challenge maybe 3 days per week.
And if I take a photo, and then don't get a chance to post it, I have to wait and hold that photo for a week, but then... I might not be able to post it that week either. Then I hold it for 2 weeks?

I have a similar problem in that I don't have a lot of time either and combine my PAD with the challenge when I do the challenge. Obviously, I take more than one photo a day but when I move the losers to the recycle bin, I'm left with one usually. Good or bad. So I have to post it that day. Whatever that day is.

I hope Lynn will go ahead and start the weekly challenge theme for March as we discussed last month. And then maybe we could do adjectives in April because that is a really good one too.

And we can all post to Barbara's challenge too. From my understanding of it, it is more of a sporadic thing than the regular challenge. I could be wrong though. :)

barbara_heide

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:00 pm

lynnh wrote:My sporatic internet use is why Barbara's challenge doesn't work well for me. I never know when I'll be able to post. I would only be able to do the her challenge maybe 3 days per week.
And if I take a photo, and then don't get a chance to post it, I have to wait and hold that photo for a week, but then... I might not be able to post it that week either. Then I hold it for 2 weeks?

I try to get this clear...
I meant do make it easier for people , who do not have a lot of time:

they know 7 themes are up
Monday: plenty (many of a kind)
Tuesday: rule of thirds
Wednesday: windows
Thursday: triangles
Friday: food
Saturday: Selective colour
Sunday: Sparkles

You can shoot these in 1 go or several goes during the month up to your time
You post the pictures on the day of the theme
(if you have 4 shots with triangles showing or with a triangular composition, you post them on 4 different Thursdays one by one, if you have only 1 picture on that theme, you only post once on any Thursday you chose.
That means, people who can only shoot on weekends, can post.
Once you get the themes in your mind, you will see, that in one shooting session, you will see the different subjects coming up...

Commenting, you can "follow" the theme without posting and comment, if you like... but if you post, make sure that you comment on a fair amount, if you do not have time to comment on all, please do at least comment on one or two , when you post...
It should be fun and not a burden...
Working on themes, helps to improve the skills...

So anyone is welcome, with 1 to 31 entries during the month.

People who do not like one of the topics can simply skip it...

So if you are doing a "normal monthly challenge" you can still contribute your pictures,which might correspond to one of the topics on this challenge thread...

Well, I will kick it off on March 1st, and we will see , how it goes...

Hope this makes it clearer

Please don't hesitate, if you have other questions to let me know

cheers
Barbara

jdonnelly

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Thanks, Barbara, for this latest explanation ....... I believe I'm finally starting to understand what it's all about. And I think it will be perfect for me since I don't feel I'm up to posting a photo-a-day in a regular challenge.

Janet

bdean

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Love this idea, Barbara. Thanks for suggesting it.

1designguy

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:50 pm

Thank you Barbara. I really appreciate all your effort and creative/outside the box thinking.

kstuebin

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:38 pm

I think I am beginning to understand this now. I can take a photo any time I want and if it fits a theme I can post it to that day's theme during any one of the four weeks in the month regardless of the day I take it . Well, heck yeh. That is a lot less challenging to us time challenged individuals. I can shoot 30 photos for the entire month in one day. I wouldn't of course but I could and I'd be done.

As for the regular monthly challenge for people who like to be challenged on a daily basis, it would be simple to do both. Take the rule of thirds for example. Say the monthly challenge was Widgets. I could shoot a Widget using the rule of thirds. Or I could stick a Widget in a pie for food.

And I can still use my PAD to contribute and combine them like I always do. It's a win/win/win.

Thank you for putting this together. It sounds like fun.

barbara_heide

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:50 am

kstuebin wrote:I think I am beginning to understand this now. I can take a photo any time I want and if it fits a theme I can post it to that day's theme during any one of the four weeks in the month regardless of the day I take it . Well, heck yeh. That is a lot less challenging to us time challenged individuals. I can shoot 30 photos for the entire month in one day. I wouldn't of course but I could and I'd be done.

As for the regular monthly challenge for people who like to be challenged on a daily basis, it would be simple to do both. Take the rule of thirds for example. Say the monthly challenge was Widgets. I could shoot a Widget using the rule of thirds. Or I could stick a Widget in a pie for food.

And I can still use my PAD to contribute and combine them like I always do. It's a win/win/win.

Thank you for putting this together. It sounds like fun.

Yeah! that's it...
the skill is in the theme not in the time...
great

cheers
Barbara

Previous

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Monthly Challenge Suggestion...