Board index PBase PaD Discussion February 2013 Challenge suggestion

PaD Discussion

February 2013 Challenge suggestion

discuss photo-a-day projects
janicecd

February 2013 Challenge suggestion

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:07 am

I've enjoyed our January B+W - it was a lot of fun and I am beginning to really like BW photos now.

It’s January 31 here in NZ now – so tomorrow we need a new theme for out Monthly Challenge. Has anyone got any ideas what to do?

If not, I have a suggestion

I have been part of a group who posted photos of adjectives and it worked out quite well.

An adjective is a 'Describing' word / a “Doing” word / an identifying word / also colours can be adjectives

Here are a few:
shiny beautiful important crooked rich tasty many broken juicy loud slippery narrow victorious naughty
fast magnificent hilarious rough strange valuable little new effervescent comfortable sweet sorry adorable
drab elegant fancy glamorous handsome long old-fashioned quaint sparkling ugliest wide-eyed

More ideas here:
[url]http://www.momswhothink.com/reading/list-of-adjectives.html
[/url]

janicecd

Re: February 2013 Challenge suggestion

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:09 am

The above is just a suggestion and if anyone else has any ideas I'm happy to do whatever others want.

cjphipps_servo

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:41 am

Thanks for this suggestion. It would be interesting. I'm open and would try and keep up as I pack to move.

chenchena

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:55 am

I was thinking of a challenge about the colours in the spectrum of red and purple and a mix of them, like mauve, pink, salmon etcetera. as february is always a special month.
It might be to girlish.
I do like your proposal too Janice

Mieke
A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his/her life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful. (free to J.W. von Goethe)

barbara_heide

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 am

I like both ideas, may be the pink purple thing could be fun after all the black and whites of January...
So I would prefer this, but if you chse the other one, I'm in for it too...

cheers
Barbara

lynnh

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:45 am

My idea is a bit strange, but I thought it would be fun to pick 28 of the Friday WEEKLY INFORMAL CHALLENGE subjects. I don't think Walter and Scott would mind if we used their subjects.
There are 145 or more of them in the forum. We can make a list. Or pick them as we like.

I also like Mieke's idea of doing a month in Red (pink, purple, orange and other shades of the red spectrum)
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

kstuebin

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:27 pm

I know I say this every month and then end up doing the challenge but February is worse than January for photography here. I was lucky January was black and white because it suited the weather and landscape perfectly.

If I can do the challenge I will. If I can't, I won't. Pink is definitely out. There is no color anywhere. I'm not a fan of pink and I don't own pink things. Or shades of pink.

I kind of like the adjective idea because it's more open to interpretation. I'm not a literal thinker so any challenge is a challenge for me. :)

I will be following everyone if I don't join in.

travelingrabbit

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:33 pm

I love Lynn's idea! :wink:

amoxtli

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:44 pm

lynnh wrote:My idea is a bit strange, but I thought it would be fun to pick 28 of the Friday WEEKLY INFORMAL CHALLENGE subjects. I don't think Walter and Scott would mind if we used their subjects.
There are 145 or more of them in the forum. We can make a list. Or pick them as we like.

I also like Mieke's idea of doing a month in Red (pink, purple, orange and other shades of the red spectrum)

I don't mind at all and I'm sure Scott doesn't either. :D
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

janicecd

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:46 pm

I'm happy with Lynn's idea too
And the pinky colours too
Last edited by janicecd on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

kstuebin

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:30 pm

I think Lynn's idea is a great one. I wish you'd do it next month. :)

I'm too burned out on photography right now. And I only have one gallery a month which is usually the challenge and my PAD combined. I don't know how everyone else keeps up with three or four at a time.

And then there's the endless gloom of winter to further lift my spirits and inspire me. Light? What light? The sun comes out three times a week for 15 minutes.

Ok, now that I've depressed everyone, I promise I will be checking out your challenge photos.

lynnh

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:54 pm

Karen, I don't think you would need two galleries if we allow for the future February weekly challenges that Scott and Walter will post.

There are 146 previous 'subjects' that were given for Weekly Challenges. And Scott just posted a new one today.

So, you could use your photo as your PaD, for the montly challenge and for the weekly. I don't think we need to limit it to just the past Weekly Challenge subjects only.

I understand being burned out. That's why I didn't join the Challenge for January.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

kstuebin

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:22 pm

lynnh wrote:Karen, I don't think you would need two galleries if we allow for the future February weekly challenges that Scott and Walter will post.

There are 146 previous 'subjects' that were given for Weekly Challenges. And Scott just posted a new one today.

So, you could use your photo as your PaD, for the montly challenge and for the weekly. I don't think we need to limit it to just the past Weekly Challenge subjects only.

I understand being burned out. That's why I didn't join the Challenge for January.

I already do that. I combine the challenge with my Pad. That's why I said I didn't see how some people manage several galleries a day when I can barely do one. :)

I think your idea is great. That's why I said I wish you would save it for next month but that's just being selfish.

I'm just having a hard time even taking one photo a day right now. Or rather several and then picking one. I think this will pass when the winter weather does. It's snowing right now. It snows every day. Or it's cloudy. The sun peeks out once in a while and I run for the camera. I realize you don't actually have to have sun but gloom is just not inspiring. :)

chenchena

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:07 am

I enjoyed the doing the august challenge about the colour green. That is why I thought of doing a colour again.
I think even in a winter or gloomy landscape one is able to find colour. And having only the colour as a starting point it gives more liberty to fill them in.
I do like the two mentioned other themes too.
But by thinking about them I noticed that I'm not so fixed at moment on subjects.

Cheers Mieke
A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his/her life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful. (free to J.W. von Goethe)

lynnh

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:37 am

Well, I'm totally open to moving my idea to March if the others want to do that. I'm pretty flexible.
Walter told me that the Weekly Challenges before #88 don't have the Subject matter in the Title, so I could take the extra month to create a list of the Weekly Challenges Subjects #1 -88. That way, the participants don't have to hunt for the subjects.

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion February 2013 Challenge suggestion