Board index PBase PaD Discussion Idea for the December Challenge

PaD Discussion

Idea for the December Challenge

discuss photo-a-day projects
lynnh

Idea for the December Challenge

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:47 am

I'm proposing a Scavenger Hunt for December's Challenge. I know most of us will be busy with the holidays and traveling. A big list would give us a lot of latitude, I think. I find hunts easier to do that the other challenges.
I created a list and can post it if there is interest in the hunt. Of course, we don't have to use it or you all can add to it.
Suggestions welcome.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

norm4fun

Re: Idea for the December Challenge

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:38 am

what about moody pictures, season are changing, snow should be coming in this week. Fog about. Warm weather arrives in other parts. Moods can be plentifull, all the way from dark to bright.

Another idea would be gifts. Things we would like to receive, a boat, a plane, a cadillac, a bmw, a new tea cup, a trip. You want it , you snap it, you show it.

Another idea would be the ground we walk on, or worst yet, the one we woudn't walk on.

Another idea could be something soft; a pillow, a feather, a furry kitten, a cheek, a bum (I said soft, you guys), a marsmallow.

Another idea would be something black, but the black had to cover at least 51% of the image, otherwise, we take it and crop off the white :)

Another idea would be anything nice, except for flowers, babies, cats, dogs and candies.

Another idea could be strange things; flying saucers, aliens, bugs (except bees), that thing under the bed, your neighbhour, odd sticker on a car.

Another idea could be broken things, except hearts.

Another thing would be buildings not horizontal, anyone can hold a camera at an angle, if I can do it, anyone can.

Another thing could be ugly photos, you know, the 38 others you took with the one you showed us.

Another thing could be just blurred photos, mostly the ones you took while falling over that rock, but don,t break a leg doin it, unless it's for the stange things idea.

Another idea could be minimalist photos, just one little thing, in a large photo, it could be colors, objects, an out of place object, an odd one in the group.

Another idea could be the street, what is moving in your streets, cars, trucks, squirrels, bikes, seagulls, pedestrians, unknown thing, blurry things.

lynnh

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:47 am

Here is my List. It is based on the Holiday season... I know some of us are having summer and other winter. I think these subjects are pretty generic to both hemispheres and also for some who might not celebrate Christmas.
Here is the list. You can pick the subject in ANY order. There are 42 subjects... More than days in December, so you can pick and choose as you like.

Seasonal
Weather
Bow - Ribbon
Friends
Toy
Pear or Fruit
Star
Home
Light
Green
Red
Silver
Gold
Sock or Stocking
Shopping
Gift
Candy - Sweets
Pine
Candle
Berry
Food
Bell
Festive
Chimney
Naughty
Nice
Church
Song
Holiday
Ornament - Ornamental
Travel
Glitter - Shine
Boots
Shops
Box
Celebrate
Calm
Tradition
Bicycle
Hearth
Something you WANT for a Gift
Something you DO NOT WANT for Gift

texces

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:41 am

I'm in!!!

Cindi

janicecd

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:56 am

I like Norman's ideas and Lynn's ideas...

Maybe we could have Lynn's for December - as Lynn's seems more like the Christmas season

AND some of Norman's ideas for the New Year / January theme?

I personally feel like posting Christmas ideas for December...

What do others think???

Janice

chenchena

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:53 am

A scavenger hunt for the month December is a perfect idea. I like Lynn's list as it is oriented on this special month.
I do like the theme challenges as they deepen the photographic skills.
Cheers Mieke
A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his/her life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful. (free to J.W. von Goethe)

lynnh

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:44 am

I like Norm's ideas and I think we can work many of them into a January challenge. And, I think some of his ideas would make excellent subjects for the Weekend challenges.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

laroseforest

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:09 pm

I love both Lynn's and Norm's ideas, and am interested in both. I am happy to go with whatever people decide. Maybe, as has been suggested, scavenger hunt for Dec. and Norm's ideas for January, a good way to start the new year.

chrishadden

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Excellent lists - whichever, definitely a Scavenger Hunt for December! :) :) :)

wakenphotography

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm liking Norm's idea of: "ugly photos, you know, the 38 others you took with the one you showed us."

But, the scavenger hunt could be fun too!

kstuebin

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:51 pm

I don't know if I can do a challenge this month or not. I didn't think I could last month but it was easier than I thought. I really need to work on some film galleries I've been meaning to do. I've got scads of negatives. And it's busy, busy, busy. I think Lynn's idea is good and I like Norm's suggestions too. Will wait to see what everyone else does and if I can fit one in, I will. If I can't then I can't. I'm surprised I've done as many challenges as I have. I'm just too right brain. It's out there wandering around looking for light. LOL.

travelingrabbit

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Loving Lynn's Scavenger Hunt list!!! :wink:

jolka

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Love both ideas and the possibility of doing them in two following months :)

jdonnelly

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:11 am

I love both lists! Lynn's seems to be more layed back and easier to do in December when things are often pretty hectic ......... but I would seriously love to do Norm's in January!!!!

Janet

yazziegirl

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:18 am

I will love to participate in this months challenge. I moved into an apartment in Oregontoday. Bill has been seriously ill, so I have pulled the plug on Costa Rica for now. This will give me a fun challenge, Thanks!

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Idea for the December Challenge