Board index PBase PaD Discussion IDEAS FOR THE NOVEMBER CHALLENGE???

PaD Discussion

IDEAS FOR THE NOVEMBER CHALLENGE???

discuss photo-a-day projects
lynnh

IDEAS FOR THE NOVEMBER CHALLENGE???

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:07 am

Anyone have subject/technique ideas for the Monthly Challenge?
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

texces

Re: IDEAS FOR THE NOVEMBER CHALLENGE???

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:51 am

I've been trying to think of something. Just will throw out a couple...maybe "Close to your Heart" which can be interpreted several ways, or "working on it" which can be from anything from hands working, dogs working on eating, digging, etc., people working, working out, working parts, etc...that's wide open. Just thinking out loud....not sure anyone would want to do those.

Cindi

amoxtli

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:32 am

I probably won't be able to participate, but I've always liked the scavenger hunts because of the variety of images that are posted and the creativity that was shown in these challenges. One of the old lists of items could always be used in case no one compiles a new one. :D
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

borisalex

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:27 am

How about something like...

LIGHTS, LINES AND SHADOWS!

Have we done it before, I´m not sure!?

Cheers
Boris

tygrys50

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:39 am

I vote for:LIGHTS, LINES AND SHADOWS!
for me this is open topic ,enough for me.
Matylda

lynnh

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:45 am

Boris, will you tell me more about the Lights/Lines/Shadows idea. Will we look for light and shadow interaction? Or patterns in the Shadows? Are we looking for Lines in the Shadows? This sounds interesting.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

1designguy

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:18 pm

I would think Boris is suggesting something along these lines...

Image Image Image Image Image

...could be interesting. It definitely would be a good photographic exercise for a month. Remember to stretch good before exercising ;-)

lynnh

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:39 pm

Thanks, Scott. I like the idea and I think I can do it. We have long shadows at this time of the year. Anyone else interested in Light/Lines/Shadows too?

On Walter's idea... I think we should save the Scavenger Hunt for December. Most of us are busy with Holidays then, and Scavenger Hunt challenges give us some freedom and flexibility which will be welcome during the rush.

Thoughts?

laryl

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:24 pm

I skipped the Haiku month but would enjoy the lights/lines/shadows theme!
Link to my newest photos ... http://www.pbase.com/laryl/newest_photos

1designguy

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:08 pm

I suspect I'll join back in after several months away. I'm itching for inspiration.

borisalex

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi everybody..

I just came back from a day trip to Mainz, a city about 70 km away from here. We had maybe our last full sunny day in Autmum today, so I took advantage to drive to this fabulous city.. Many lights and shadows this time of year. I did one gallery about two years ago about light, lines and shadows, see here: http://www.pbase.com/borisalex/lights_lines__shadows

If you like, then I would open the challenge!

Cheers
Boris
Last edited by borisalex on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kstuebin

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:54 pm

I think this is an excellent idea for a challenge. Especially if just exposure and basic processing are used. After all, photography is ultimately about the use and capture of light.

Having said that, I don't think I will be able to participate as I've got a lot going on this month. Yes, I know December is worse. I will be lucky to get a photo a day. I may throw one in if I see something that fits.

I will be following the challenge though. I think it will produce some outstanding results!

borisalex

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:55 pm

1designguy wrote:I would think Boris is suggesting something along these lines...

Image Image Image Image Image

...could be interesting. It definitely would be a good photographic exercise for a month. Remember to stretch good before exercising ;-)

This exactly the idea, Thanks Scott!

jolka

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:16 pm

I like the lights/lines/shadows theme and I will participate :)

1designguy

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:23 pm

Looking forward to it Boris. Great idea. Lead it on off! See everyone tomorrow (November) :-)

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion IDEAS FOR THE NOVEMBER CHALLENGE???