Board index PBase PaD Discussion September PAD

PaD Discussion

September PAD

discuss photo-a-day projects
cits_4_pets

September PAD

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:05 pm

onastone2 wrote:It's still August and we're all still chasing GREEN.
Has anyone thought of the next challenge????
http://www.pbase.com/onastone2/image/145712551

I'd like to learn more editing techniques in photo processing (I use PhotoShop Elements) altering reality. There are free plugins that are fun to use and also free online instructions for creating 'art' such as Magic Circles. (Thank you Walter!) Be nice for the links to be shared. Can also be moving things in or out of a photo and making it look real.

I know some people don't like digital art. Perhaps a Natural Abstract PAD for those who prefer reality. Always like to see what the original subject was.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

chenchena

Re: September PAD

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:32 am

I like the idea of abstract! I noticed an example of abstract landscape photography on this site

http://www.australianphotography.com/ne ... landscapes
A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his/her life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful. (free to J.W. von Goethe)

cits_4_pets

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:48 am

chenchena wrote:I like the idea of abstract! I noticed an example of abstract landscape photography on this site

http://www.australianphotography.com/ne ... landscapes

My camera club has an Abstract themed exposition & several are natural nature shots and common every day items at unusual angles or macros. I have 3 images on exhibit and all are everyday items. (Last 3 shots in Altered Reality gallery-Blinded view is hung horizontally as I let people in the club decide. ) Funny I want to do altered ones.

Perhaps 2 Abstract PADS just cause some folks don't see 'Photoshopped' images as photography and I respect that. Also keeps the down the number of responses. :) I don't see a problem bouncing around between 2 PADs.

If no responses I will start an Altered Reality PAD & you can start a Abstract Reality...
Really surprise no one has expressed opinions but maybe they are burned out.
Flo

borisalex

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:22 am

Hi !
We did an Abstract Challenge in August 2010! I would not favor two challenges, I like the idea from Mieke!
On another point, why not stiking on the name "Challenge" instead of PAD! There is a discussion going on anyway about separating them and creating a new forum for Challenges only, and I like that idea!

Ciao
Boris

janicecd

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:30 am

I'm happy with Abstract - digital art or even natural abstract art - or whatever

We usually all do a mixture of different ways around each monthly topic. Some of us try to stretch the 'rules' and post what we want to. That's the fun of it.

And about changing the name from Challenge to PAD - it doesn't worry me. I change each monthly challenge folder to PAD for that month.

I've been away for the last couple of months and I'm happy to join in again come September

Janice

jolka

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:12 pm

I think both Natural Abstract Reality and Altered Reality can be done in ONE PAD CHALLENGE thread.
Also I'm for keeping it in PAD forum, as most of us post the challnge photos in a PAD gallery and link to PAD forum
See you tomorrow! :)

christopheru

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:40 pm

Abstract sounds good to me - it is open to so many different ways of interpreting the concept that I think we could end up with some very interesting things to look at. I also know that some Pbasers are really gifted (if that is the word) with working with digital art and I would love to see what they come up with for such a challenge if they chose to pull out all the stops on it.

Separate the forum or not? No opinion as I am new to the forums. I intend to use my challenge gallery - I am intending to make one gallery per challenge - as my PAD anyways so it does not matter to me where I share what I am creating.

lynnh

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:26 pm

I've been doing artistic photos for the last two months, Sepia for Music challenge and Paintings for the Green Challenge. Abstract sounds good to me, as I need a break from doing treatments.

On the other hand, Jola's idea to do both is good. Surely we can tie them together somehow.

I like the name Challenge, because we are eached challenged to go get the prescribed shot. But I don't do mine as PaD. I have another gallery for that. My photos are taken precisely for the challenge, but mostly taken on weekends when I'm not working 12 hours a day.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

chrishadden

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:35 pm

Like so many others I also make the 'challenge' my PAD gallery.
I do think that we ought to put the live link in, directing anyone who chooses to look at the challenge images back to the Forum.
The suggestions made for september sound good, I would be happy with either or a combination of both.
Chris

timbg

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:21 pm

I also like the idea of both "Natural Abstract Reality and Altered Reality." It is fun to play with all those filters and effects, but not every image lends itself to alteration. I would maybe alternate between the two depending on what I find to shoot.
Tim

kstuebin

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:53 pm

I am Photoshop impaired. I'm a one trick pony with it. Curves and levels. I don't have Lightroom. In fact, my version of Photoshop is the first CS or Photoshop 8. I have never been one for messing around. I tried HDR once and it was..well..not pretty. I do enjoy others talented in that area though. And I love fractals but I guess that's different?

As for abstract, a month seems like a long time for me to sustain that too. I do make my challenge gallery my PAD. I did put the Macro lens on the Pentax a few days ago and have been shooting with it ever since and it does lend itself to abstracts.

I will probably participate but not every day. It's starting to get pretty now with the changing light and colors on the foliage. If it's not an abstract in some way, I just won't post it here. I guess abstract can be subjective.

tygrys50

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:46 am

onastone2

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:21 am

Looks like the SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE/PAD will be "Natural Abstract Reality and Altered Reality"
You have the option to use photoshop or avoid that if you wish...natural abstractions are always
fun to find and some of you photoshop wizards will have fun with this one too!
Here we go....thirty days of " What is That?"

christopheru

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:27 am

charge!!!!!!

my number 1 (this should be fun!)

cits_4_pets

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:50 am

onastone2 wrote:Looks like the SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE/PAD will be "Natural Abstract Reality and Altered Reality"
You have the option to use photoshop or avoid that if you wish...natural abstractions are always
fun to find and some of you photoshop wizards will have fun with this one too!
Here we go....thirty days of " What is That?"

How about shortening it to Real Abstracts & Altered Reality. Thinking that natural sounds too much like something occurring in nature & would weed out man created objects...
Any other ideas for a title? Mind Games

Be cool if the image was posted in the forum so some can try and figure out what the heck it is... Not sure if there are many with dial up or slow connections that would find it would be too slow. (Pbase was really slow yesterday.)
Looking forward to some guessing games...
Flo

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion September PAD