Board index PBase PaD Discussion Any ideas for March?

PaD Discussion

Any ideas for March?

discuss photo-a-day projects
patnighswander

Re: Any ideas for March?

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:30 am

signs of spring... colorful, joyful signs of spring.

borisalex

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:08 am

I agree with Pat, why to go bleak, when spring is next door? Contraproductive to nature? But this is mankind! :mrgreen:

I have an idea too! :D

Why not making a composition in a picture where one color is a stylish factor and has a message. In this pic I made in Budapest last summer, green is in contrast to the cement world around! (Even the street light is green!!)

I think this could be challenging to look around in your world and educate your vision and train your eye!

Have a great weekend!
Boris

PS. one more sample shot! :D

Orange umbrella :oops:

One more sample: :)

Blue airplane..at least the wing!

barbara_heide

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

patnighswander wrote:signs of spring... colorful, joyful signs of spring.

Dear Pat,
what I'm saying is only my humble opinion...
What is more common in spring than doing spring shots... the thing about the challenge is not to do the obvious easy things, but to do different things in order to progress and improve your own skills...
I personally would get bored quite quickly to look at colourful spring photographs through a whole month... there is not much of creativity involved and even if they are very good macros the thousands of photos coming up in a challenge it would be boring...
In a scavenger hunt many interpretations possible... just let your fantasy roll...

The challenge is something where I constantly learn to look at things differently and trying to get out of the beaten tracks...

cheers
Barbara

barbara_heide

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:10 pm

borisalex wrote:I agree with Pat, why to go bleak, when spring is next door? Contraproductive to nature? But this is mankind! :mrgreen:

Why not making a composition in a picture where one color is a stylish factor and has a message. In this pic I made in Budapest last summer, green is in contrast to the cement world around! (Even the street light is green!!)

I think this could be challenging to look around in your world and educate your vision and train your eye!

Have a great weekend!
Boris

PS. one more sample shot! :D

Why not doing this in April, we will be longing for color after a month of monochrome...

Orange umbrella :oops:

One more sample: :)

Blue airplane..at least the wing!

barbara_heide

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:13 pm

[quote="borisalex"]I agree with Pat, why to go bleak, when spring is next door? Contraproductive to nature? But this is mankind! :mrgreen:

Have a great weekend!
Boris

Why not doing this in April, we will be longing for color after a month of monochrome...

enjayel

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:14 pm

monochrome doesn't have to mean grayscale... just a single colour/tint, so you could end up with a very colourful month at the end of it
we did this a few years ago, and it was quite challenging for me to try to keep it colourful...
cheers,
nancy

onastone2

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:13 am

Sounds like a great challenge for March. I'm in! Now that I've said that, I better take a closer look at that list....hmmmmmmm

borisalex

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:02 am

barbara_heide wrote:
borisalex wrote:I agree with Pat, why to go bleak, when spring is next door? Contraproductive to nature? But this is mankind! :mrgreen:

Have a great weekend!
Boris

I certainly skip that idea, as we I did in november! The only thing with a scavenger hunt is, that since 2009 we will have three scavenger hunts, mono ot not! It seems to me that is the easiest challenge at all, if nothing else comes in mind. And what is creative, if I have to follow given ideas? Just boring! :| :x

borisalex

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:41 am

I have another Idea! :D

Why not making a challenge about the environmental footprints we leave! The hotspots! Possible environmental impacts, like what we do everyday, for instance like using the microwave for warming up food, or having still an old refrigerator, or using the car for getting cigarettes! Environmental protection!
Our responsibility to nature! Environmental factors militatating against building of like a power station, natural gas thrill using chemicals. The list is endless!

This could be like newspaper style photography, investigative, journalistic! I think if 10th graders have to deal with this in school, why could we not do that too. Get out of your comfort zone, take a pocketcamera or a 50mm lens and shot whats wrong or what you would do instead!

But we can do this challenge in May I guess :mrgreen:

Cheers
Boris

bdean

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:03 pm

Love all these ideas. Sounds like we have enough ideas for a number of months.

amoxtli

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:34 pm

With regard to the Scavenger Hunt, may I suggest adding a few more options. When we used to post this challenge a few years ago we we would have about 40 options for people to choose from giving them so leeway and making it a little easier. Just a suggestion. :D
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

chrishadden

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:10 pm

borisalex wrote:I have another Idea! :D

Why not making a challenge about the environmental footprints we leave! The hotspots! Possible environmental impacts, like what we do everyday, for instance like using the microwave for warming up food, or having still an old refrigerator, or using the car for getting cigarettes! Environmental protection!
Our responsibility to nature! Environmental factors militatating against building of like a power station, natural gas thrill using chemicals. The list is endless!

This could be like newspaper style photography, investigative, journalistic! I think if 10th graders have to deal with this in school, why could we not do that too. Get out of your comfort zone, take a pocketcamera or a 50mm lens and shot whats wrong or what you would do instead!

But we can do this challenge in May I guess :mrgreen:

Cheers
Boris

This would be difficult for me living where I do - it's a farming community with few houses, little traffic, no shops or restaurants and therefore little environmental pollution :)

barbara_heide

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:49 pm

amoxtli wrote:With regard to the Scavenger Hunt, may I suggest adding a few more options. When we used to post this challenge a few years ago we we would have about 40 options for people to choose from giving them so leeway and making it a little easier. Just a suggestion. :D

oh yes, of course! please feel free to add some more items to the list...

very good idea Walter!

cheers
Barbara

lynnh

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 pm

I love to shoot in B&W, but I'm not sure I'll join. I am looking forward to taking color photos because it is spring and everything is so pretty.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

yvonneii

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:19 am

Have we sorted out definitely that the March Challenge is going to be "Scavenger Hunt in Monochrome" - if so, will someone set it up, we're a day ahead down under and will need it ready to go asap..

Thanks to the people who think up the ideas for the monthly challenge - they're always fun, and its so good to meet new people & old friends from all over the globe & read the comments!
Von.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Any ideas for March?