Board index PBase PaD Discussion Why are there two challenges?

PaD Discussion

Why are there two challenges?

discuss photo-a-day projects
kstuebin

Why are there two challenges?

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:31 pm

I am not trying to cause a ruckus but there are now two challenges and I don't know why. Is this normal? I don't like to pick one because it seems like you're taking sides or something. At least to me, it does. And I can't possibly do two at the same time because I can barely manage one. I wasn't even planning on joining this month but when Cindi posted the challenge, I decided I might give it a shot. What do other people do? One? Both? None?

lainesphotos

Re: Why are there two challenges?

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi Karen,

During discussion on suggestions for January I put up "Fill the Frame" as one idea. Barbara has obviously decided this suits her to do this over the other " An Affair Of The Heart "
It really depends on the style you prefer at the time, but as for your question " is that normal ? " I do believe there has been the occasion when 2 challenges have been going at once. Some members have held Challenges just between 2 people and as we are all adults and free thinkers surely
doing one over the other would not be seen as taking sides....I certainly wouldn't see it that way.

To me the worst that happens during challenges is not having time to keep up daily. My daily movements are a very short drive between home and work so finding material new is always difficult.
"Fill the Frame" is a style that I like and can manage so I will join Barbara in this for no other reason than those I have stated.

Have fun with the month ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Laine :)

kstuebin

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:33 pm

Ok, I understand now. I think it is actually better to have more than one because like you said people have different constraints on what they can do and prefer different styles. And you are my macro guru so I will look forward to seeing yours. :) I'll be joining the other one for personal reasons that have to do with my life right now.

lainesphotos

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:52 pm

That's great to hear, Karen I wish you and all participants well during the month of ♥♥♥♥♥ :D

Laine

thanks for the macro guru compliment :oops: :oops: :oops: :D

barbara_heide

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:20 pm

I'm sorry, I don't want to cause any inconvenience...
We have been discussing and then the thread stopped and the "heart" topic appeared, I have missed this in the discussion.
This topic doesn't inspire me at all... I'm not a supporter of all this Valentine's commercial humbug. That's just me...
So I posted the fill frame topic, no obligation to join... but whoever is interested is very welcome.

cheers
Barbara

borisalex

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:32 am

Barbara, I don´t think the Challenge "Affair of the Heart" is only about Valentins Day! :(

I wouldn´t have participated in that challenge then! As far as I remember, there where three to four different ideas involved in the discussion about fill the frame and nobody was sure which way to go..we had this before, that nobody wants to decide and it goes on and on.

ieke_vonk

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:23 am

Hi all,

I have decided to participate only in one challenge: 'filled the frame'. I like this challenge more.

Thanks and see you on pBase

Have a nice day, today.
Ieke

lynnh

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:27 pm

The Affair of the Heart is not about Valentines. It is about things that we love, or desire or lust after :)

It can be the sexy things you see (Boris- you had a good idea), or the love of your city, the love of food! Wine! Flowers, animals, pets, children, even colors that remind us of love.

It is about the love of life. Photos can be filled frame, or abstract, or even black and white. I hope to do one photo for both challenges.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

1designguy

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:22 pm

I had decided to lay off another month and then the alternative "Fill the Frame" tweaked my interest and lured me in. I had wanted to work on this concept and square compositions for a while. Now if I can get control of myself. I find myself experimenting so much more than I have real time for. I think both are worthy challenges. I am glad to see some choice.

borisalex

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:33 pm

We are in middle of February and some. who participate in two challenges, at least in my view, are struggling to keep up in posting and I don´t want even mention about commenting! It would be better, if two ideas are presented for one month, to save one for the following month, like we did in November 2011, where I skipped the Book Challenge into December. Just an idea! :D :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :oops:

barbara_heide

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:59 pm

borisalex wrote:We are in middle of February and some. who participate in two challenges, at least in my view, are struggling to keep up in posting and I don´t want even mention about commenting! It would be better, if two ideas are presented for one month, to save one for the following month, like we did in November 2011, where I skipped the Book Challenge into December. Just an idea! :D :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :oops:

Well it's up to you, if you decide to participate in both challenges...

jdonnelly

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:22 am

I liked it better when we had one challenge and everyone was in it together!

Janet

travelingrabbit

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:28 am

by jdonnelly on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Janet

I agree with you Janet!

amoxtli

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:50 pm

travelingrabbit wrote:
by jdonnelly on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Janet

I agree with you Janet!

I agree with you both. :D
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

knoxover

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:51 am

I wish people could do what they choose without always having to explain.
I wish people could follow the rules better.
I wish people would make challenge galleries to better follow their month.
I wish people would follow along even after the challenge is over.
I wish people didn't always have to apologize to "catch up".
I wish a lot of things, we all do, but in the end everyone does what they can or what they will.
I think laine said it best: We are all adults here, an even that sometimes is a challenge.

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Why are there two challenges?