Board index PBase PaD Discussion Ideas for January 2012 Challenge

PaD Discussion

Ideas for January 2012 Challenge

discuss photo-a-day projects
bdean

Ideas for January 2012 Challenge

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:37 pm

Hello All,

My back is much better (thank you all for your wishes!) and I'm starting to think about January's PAD. I'd thought I'd post a couple of suggestions and get a discussion going.

- A Different Point of View - A point of view can be a different perspective on something or it could be illustrating an opinion.
- Seeing Patterns & Shapes! - look for neat patterns and/or unique shapes within your surroundings!

So talk to me! What are your ideas for the January challenge?

Brenda

lainesphotos

Re: Ideas for January 2012 Challenge

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:31 am

Hi Brenda,
We did shapes in Dec 09...it was fun. I like your combination of patterns too :D

marielou

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:06 am

Hi Brenda and Laine, And all,

I thought during this long december month to have for (cold) january something which not need to go outside a lot.
There are everywhere in the World paintings which are beautiful still lifes. like on this Google page :

http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&cp=18 ... 8QPugpWdAQ

What you think to try to choose some of thems and tempted of copy them with our new and modern things ?
To morrow I will try to show you an example.
Hugs
Marielou

chenchena

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:53 am

my preference would be patterns and shapes

Mieke
A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his/her life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful. (free to J.W. von Goethe)

janicecd

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:26 am

I'm not a 'still life' photographer... But I could try...

But at the moment my preference would be shapes and patterns.

Janice

lynnh

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:35 pm

I like Marielou's still life idea for a weekend challenge, but not for a whole month. I'm not sure that I could do 31 still life compositions. I just don't have the time and I don't have the right lights or lens for indoors. Our weather is nice during this time of year so I'd rather be outside.

I like the idea of Shapes. We did it in 2009 and it was fun.

Marielous, you can do still life photos because Still Lifes have shapes in them. Still Life photos can fit it in to the Shapes /Textures category very easily. Vases are round, or columns. Flowers are circles and ovals. Books are square or rectangular.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

kstuebin

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:09 pm

I think both ideas are great although I tend to agree with Lynn that 31 still lifes would be difficult. I doubt I'll be able to participate this month though regardless of topic. The weather outside is frightful. We have entered the official eternal clouds, rain, snow forever and ever period. So now, my Vitamin D levels plummet and I start my supplement which does nothing. I sleep all the time. I'm not really a bear though. :) I have to walk to town when I need anything and I don't take my camera as a rule.

I doubt I'll even get a Photo a Day. But I will be following everyone's galleries with great interest.

jdonnelly

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Have you all ever done Letters and Numbers? By that I mean letters of the alphabet and numbers one through nine (1 - 9)

It would involve finding objects or scenes that incorproate the shape of letters and/or numbers ---- anything found on signs is not acceptable. For a simple example, a fish hook might be the letter "J".

Between upper and lower case letters and the numerals 1 - 9, there's more than enough oportunity to fill the 31 days of January.

Janet

imorozoff

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:13 pm

jdonnelly wrote:It would involve finding objects or scenes that incorproate the shape of letters and/or numbers

Since this is along the lines of a scavenger hunt, this would be a great topic for a summer month.
With it being cold and dark for 18 hours per day up here, it'll be difficult to go out to find the needed shots.
Well, for me it would be. :-)

Here are a couple example galleries:
http://www.pbase.com/imorozoff/alphabet_riparian
http://www.pbase.com/abbarich/the_alphabet

borisalex

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Think about: " The sex in your life"
(it could be anything..food, beer ,wine, schnaps, girls. men, cars ,horses, boats, airplanes, houses....and and and LOVE!)

Just an Idea, but I will not participate in this month, because I´m travelling !

Guten Rutsch in´s neue JAHR 2012, my friends!

Boris

jolka

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Let's make sex in February then :roll: :P

I'm for patterns and shapes in January, we can do it both inside and outside. Still life is a very nice subject for a weekend challenge.

tygrys50

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:49 pm

sex for January and February and whole the year.

jeanb

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:11 am

Because January is such a drab month for many of us, I'd like to suggest the theme 'A touch of colour'

bdean

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:36 am

jeanb wrote:Because January is such a drab month for many of us, I'd like to suggest the theme 'A touch of colour'

I like this idea but can you elaborate a bit? Are you talking mostly B&W with just a bit of color (I'm sure that there's a name for this but I don't know it) or just colorful subjects???

norm4fun

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:49 pm

copying still life paintings could be fun...let your imagination run wild.... and out of the cold.

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Ideas for January 2012 Challenge