Board index PBase PaD Discussion What does PaD mean to you?

PaD Discussion

What does PaD mean to you?

discuss photo-a-day projects
barbara_heide

Re: What does PaD mean to you?

Post Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:00 pm

I have been off padding for almost a year now and fancy to be back. Not as a chore or a discipline, only for fun. It has meant a lot to me in the past but then turned out to be quite an obsession. I have many other interesting things to do in my life...
What I do not like is the kind of "diary", what have I been doing... I prefer to stick to a subject and don't want to get too much of my private life to be shown. For this reason I like the monthly challenges as a guideline for a topic. Although the discipline is to keep up with comments and not so much the picture everyday...
I have been working a lot on other projects last year especially a project with disabled people, which went very well, but took a lot of my time. Most of the photographs I took there are not allowed to be shown in "public" so I respect their choice and do not post them on pbase...
I will try to stick to my PAD but not getting obsessed by it...
here you go...
wishing you all a very happy padding pbase year!

cheers
Barbara

1designguy

Re: What does PaD mean to you?

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:30 pm

barbara_heide wrote:I have been off padding for almost a year now and fancy to be back. Not as a chore or a discipline, only for fun. It has meant a lot to me in the past but then turned out to be quite an obsession. I have many other interesting things to do in my life...
What I do not like is the kind of "diary", what have I been doing... I prefer to stick to a subject and don't want to get too much of my private life to be shown. For this reason I like the monthly challenges as a guideline for a topic. Although the discipline is to keep up with comments and not so much the picture everyday...
I have been working a lot on other projects last year especially a project with disabled people, which went very well, but took a lot of my time. Most of the photographs I took there are not allowed to be shown in "public" so I respect their choice and do not post them on pbase...
I will try to stick to my PAD but not getting obsessed by it...
here you go...
wishing you all a very happy padding pbase year!

cheers
Barbara

Agreed. Addiction for sure! I continue as more of an on-going exercise and documentary. Even when I say I am going to slack and not be as tied to the daily posting (more PESO-like), I still find myself internally pushed to the daily PaD submission. Thanks Barbara.

Previous

Board index PBase PaD Discussion What does PaD mean to you?