Board index PBase PaD Discussion SUGGESTION FOR NOVEMBER CHALLENGE?

PaD Discussion

SUGGESTION FOR NOVEMBER CHALLENGE?

discuss photo-a-day projects
maritatoftgard

Re: SUGGESTION FOR NOVEMBER CHALLENGE?

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:12 pm

MY WORLD is a brilliant idea!!!!!!!
Love it 8)

marita

borisalex

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:01 am

MY WORLD..
is this like my House, my Car, my Boat??? :?:

laroseforest

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:44 am

Just curious as to which theme we're going with for November, My World or Night shots? Thanks!!

norm4fun

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:44 am

the world must be running out of ideas, four pages and nothin yet? I thought this was a big world, I'm going back to my planet, and search for my next month!

Think small! Makes big sense.

mairead

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:31 pm

I'd really like to join in with 'My World' this month. As Walter says it leaves plenty of room for interpretation and I can't see why people couldn't combine it with night shots if that's
what they are interesting in doing.

amoxtli

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:11 pm

I regret I will not be able to participate in the November Challenge with you, due to time constraints. I will therefore leave it up to someone else to post the challenge. Have fun, I hope to participate again with you next year.

Best Wishes,

Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

marielou

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi all,

Because of very sad event in my family I wasn't there to really participate to the different recent challenges.

Seems time makes its work and now feel a bit better...
And seeing "NIGHT SHOTS", this gives me some enthusiastic feeling.

Even in the non-cities places you have wonderful natural lights durung night, fir example stars :

http://www.pbase.com/image/138089795
http://www.pbase.com/image/97778418
http://www.pbase.com/image/108530243
and in your home, you too make wonderful night ambiance....!

For me is definitely NIGHT SHOTS my choice

Thanks to all,

Marielou

kstuebin

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:11 pm

Yep, 30 days of star trails and light from the refrigerator. Even in rural areas it seems we can do night photography. Not trying to be antagonistic. Just saying it would take all the fun out of photography for me to even try. Not to mention the health issues involved in standing on the corner for three hours waiting for a car to pass.

Then OTOH, My World is unfathomable to some people. They don't understand what it means. Or it's too broad and it's not challenging.

My suggestion is to just have two challenges this month and let people participate in whichever one they want. We've already lost one person because of how this has turned into such a big deal.

Or someone could just come up with a completely different idea and post it fast before anyone has time to discuss it. :)

Or we can just all do what we want. The way it is now if you choose Night Photography, you lose half. If you choose My world, you lose half. The people who don't participate will just pick their own theme I guess. I comment on a lot of just regular PAD galleries so it's not a problem for me either way.

mairead

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:40 pm

I think several people have posted valid practical reasons why night photography would be difficult for them - it's something I'd like to try but certainly couldn't commit to 30 days of it. My World was suggested so people could put their own input into how they wanted to interpret it - it could be a personal account of their life, home, family, work or a broader view of their community, neighbourhood, country. I was planning to take the latter interpretation and went out and about taking some shots today. I intended to show my view of Ireland in the 21st century - a combination of the traditional scenes which the tourists seek out versus the
reality of modern Ireland, scenes which would never make a postcard. One of the things which first drew me to Pbase was looking at images from other countries and cultures, in fact, I found Pbase via a link from a forum on Fodors. And those interested in night photography could simply do 'My World After Dark', which I think could be a compromise, marrying both idea.

kstuebin

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:52 pm

mairead wrote:I think several people have posted valid practical reasons why night photography would be difficult for them - it's something I'd like to try but certainly couldn't commit to 30 days of it. My World was suggested so people could put their own input into how they wanted to interpret it - it could be a personal account of their life, home, family, work or a broader view of their community, neighbourhood, country. I was planning to take the latter interpretation and went out and about taking some shots today. I intended to show my view of Ireland in the 21st century - a combination of the traditional scenes which the tourists seek out versus the
reality of modern Ireland, scenes which would never make a postcard. One of the things which first drew me to Pbase was looking at images from other countries and cultures, in fact, I found Pbase via a link from a forum on Fodors. And those interested in night photography could simply do 'My World After Dark', which I think could be a compromise, marrying both idea.

I agree. And I'm with you although my interpretation of My World would be different than yours as would everyone's. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos for the month. Now, why don't you start the challenge thread for that one. :) Isn't it already November 1st in some parts of the world?

norm4fun

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:08 pm

norm4fun

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:11 pm

oops! :) I don't really read english I just click november, but this month the title is in small letters and was below this one, thats why posted here.

Previous

Board index PBase PaD Discussion SUGGESTION FOR NOVEMBER CHALLENGE?