Board index PBase PaD Discussion Ideas for the September Challenge

PaD Discussion

Ideas for the September Challenge

discuss photo-a-day projects
lynnh

Ideas for the September Challenge

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:26 am

Looking for some ideas for our September challenge. My suggestion is TRANSITION, like the change of seasons, weather, progress and improvements, construction, growing, dying, getting well... lots to work with.

We have other suggestions too.
FAVORITE SHOPS/RESTAURANTS
MACRO
FLOWERS PLANTS AND SHRUBS

What do you think? Time is running out!
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

texces

Re: Ideas for the September Challenge

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:42 am

I like transitions. It opens the door to so many things and ideas. I vote for that one. The others are good too, but I like the wide variety of shots this one could spark. I don't want to have to limit myself too much. :)

Cindi

laryl

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:17 am

flowers/plants/shrubs would sure get me out of my comfort zone .. I would enjoy a month of that
Link to my newest photos ... http://www.pbase.com/laryl/newest_photos

norm4fun

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:40 am

I'd vote for transition, it happens everywhere, we just need to record it. In house, outside, on vacation, at work, on the street. I know I know, we will be swamped with sunrises and sunsets, but it does occur often and at lots of places... :) .

amoxtli

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:39 pm

Another vote for "Transitions", I like the idea of an abstract subject. This should provide some very interesting ideas and images.
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

through_the_lens

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:22 pm

maybe something to take advantage of the changing season... fall, in north,, spring down under..abstracts are fun too

janicecd

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Transitions will certainly make me think hard - but I think it could be very interesting.

How would you do it? Would you have to post 2 photos together?

laroseforest

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:37 pm

My first choice would be flowers and shrubs! But transitions sounds interesting and challenging (to someone deficient in imagination like me)!

lynnh

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:03 pm

To Janice,

:) Only one photo needed. We don't need to show before and after. Just something that changes, or is changing. I think it would be very easy to find... all weather is transitional for example. The sea (one of your common subjects) is always in a state of transition too.

To Christine (Larose Forest) and Laryl

Actually trees, shrubs and flowers are always in a state of transition (unless they are dead). You should be able to find migrating birds, cocoons, autumn color... all transition.

To Through-the-lens,

We did abstracts last spring. But, if you would like to submit abstracts of things in transition... we would be delighted!
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

kstuebin

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:08 pm

Transitions has a lot of room for interpretation. I'm like Christine. With the change of seasons, my mind immediately goes to that and I'm sure we'll see a lot of red leaves but red leaves are beautiful! If you look at synonyms for transitions, there's a lot of room for other ideas.

jolka

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:54 pm

I like the idea of TRANSITIONS. Good choice for the first month of autumn.

rtwo

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:01 am

Sounds interesting, but not my cup of tea. I hope you all enjoy.
Robin Reid
"Lets snap to it" <grin>

texces

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:22 am

No red leaves here...still over 100+. Ours won't start turning til October/November but there are still plenty of transitional things out there. :)

cynthia1

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:37 pm

I like the transitions idea and it works with my idea of building on Cindi's old photos with "old into new" which I posted on the SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE thread. So, it has to do with change, and it could be using old things in new ways. Good idea!

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Ideas for the September Challenge