Board index PBase PaD Discussion January Challenge 2011 "Doors"

PaD Discussion

January Challenge 2011 "Doors"

discuss photo-a-day projects
borisalex

January Challenge 2011 "Doors"

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:06 am

For those how like to post rather doors, entrances or portals, due to regional differences, like living more in a European City, plus, we have so much snow here (therefore not being able to go to the countryside), I offer these opportunity to show their impressions in a challenging way!

Cheers
Boris
Last edited by borisalex on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

borisalex

Re: January Challenge 2011 "Doors"

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:08 am

Last edited by borisalex on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

borisalex

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:21 am

One more for the fun of it:

http://www.pbase.com/image/131579960

Sometimes the most important door! :D
Last edited by borisalex on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

lynnh

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:42 pm

All DOOR photos are included in the Gates and Gatesway challenge, Boris. But you knew that already. We talked about it.

You just wanted to be the one to initiate the challenge, rather than take turns and share, and let someone else pick the subject. You did this in November and then you picked December and now you want to pick January again. You are being selfish and a jerk. The idea of challenge is to do something that is not so easy for you. Instead, you pick what you want. Like a little child.

Despite your nasty, mean and ignorant, stupid comments about Americans, and about Coleen, and that only people from Texas and Louisiana have gates, we have manged to include many nations and have more challengers than usual. We even have past challengers who came back for the Gate/Gateways this month. We all get along, so why can't you?

You won't ever see me commenting or bothering to look at your work in the future.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

1designguy

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Boris.

I do not understand why you feel such a great need to be a controlling factor. You seem to turn issues here into personal ones and throw assumptions and personal attacks around like grenades in your attempts to get what you want. This is in no way helping the community spirit around Pbase.

You may find people who will join in your "alternative" challenge but between this underhanded jab, the forum discussion leading up to this month, the personal attacks back in the beginning of the November challenge and the lack of any explanation for your attack back then when given ample opportunity, I am starting to see a pattern. This is someting either you need to deal with or control. I will no longer write it off as "lost in translation". I am through biting my tongue.

GROW UP

borisalex

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:17 pm

To make clear:

1. I didn´t pick up the November challenge!
2. I was asked to open a challenge for December, because of lack of Interest from others!?? How come?? Uhh!!!(Read the postings in the forum)
3. I just asked for an alternative idea, even twice, totally ignored, for January, which is legitimate!!
4. I think stupid comments where started from a person in Pennsylvania and this already back in Beatles Challenge 2010 . Picture #4 "Girl"
5. I remember, that I had asked, why are not separate galleries opened for each new challenge back in October, I guess, this was also legitimate, and I accepted it. (after that, I was asked to apologize... to Scott! ....Uhh!!!) Is this a Kindergarten??
6. I´m aware what´s going behind the scene with mails between some Pbasers in regards to challenges and this already has been back in December 2009, to manipulate the challenges and in my opinion, this happened also with the lack of interest for a challenge in December (we wouldn´t have had one, if I had not open that treath) and the surprising "very".... early posting of the January idea by Coleen!
7. Again, I just asked for an alternative and I read that Lynn "decided" it must be gates, we didn´t even talk about gateways! It would have been nice to include Doors and Entrances in the title and not as an option in a side line!!
8. It´s fair enough to open a separate challenge , we had that back in August last year! So I thought there´s nothing wrong again! :oops: :oops:
9. The anger showing in the posting of Scott and Lynn with insulting words, just underline my opinion here! :(
10. Happy New Year! :D

borisalex

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Door to heaven!!
(where all sins are forgiven, hopefully! )

http://www.pbase.com/image/131583958
Last edited by borisalex on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

yazziegirl

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:25 pm

lynnh

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:57 pm

borisalex wrote:Thank you Lynn, this is constructive, I love it!

My point was, having lived in Orange County (the whole county is gated, no blacks, no hispanic, in the streets where I lived), CA, 5 years and in Nashville, Green Hills, two years, I never understood only why to cross a street to find yourself in another world, I always felt sorry! Plus, on top is that the gates I know were protected areas, where rich people live. Friends lived there and we visited, to enter, knowing the code at the gate. Maybe I misunderstood the gate thing you guys are talking about. We have here....no gates, we do have doors, entrances, portals! This is nice to photograph!

I´m sorry, if I was misunderstood, but please respect also my point of view, regarding gates, the one I know from the US!

I will certainly join this challenge to show all nice entrances etc. here, mostly of baroque and old houses.

Guten Rutsch in´s Neue Jahr
wünscht Euch
Boris

Here is a copy of your comments about the challenge, where we discussed Doors. At the time, you were going to join in.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

1designguy

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:05 pm

borisalex wrote:To make clear:

1. I didn´t pick up the November challenge!

Neither did I. Actually you and I both started off in the challenge and I dropped it. My mistake. It was October in which the the "opening a new gallery for the challenge" issue arose.

borisalex wrote:2. I was asked to open a challenge for December, because of lack of Interest from others!?? How come?? Uhh!!!(Read the postings in the forum)

...I gladly participated in that challenge after taking a couple off. If you were asked to "open" it, I missed that nor does it matter. I did see that of the three ideas thrown out there that the opinion was that your idea fit perfectly for the month and season. I agreed and I thoroughly enjoyed that month. Thank you!

borisalex wrote:3. I just asked for an alternative idea, even twice, totally ignored, for January, which is legitimate!!
4. I think stupid comments where started from a person in Pennsylvania and this already back in Beatles Challenge 2010 . Picture #4 "Girl"

...again, no need to make it personal.

borisalex wrote:5. I remember, that I had asked, why are not separate galleries opened for each new challenge back in October, I guess, this was also legitimate, and I accepted it. (after that, I was asked to apologize... to Scott! ....Uhh!!!) Is this a Kindergarten??

You said...

"I enjoy this challenges and participated with thirdteen in one row, initiated four and I´m still enthusaistic to do more, but I noticed that some participants lately don´t open anymore their own gallery for a particular challenge given, rather only add their Pad´s! This is a change and honestly, I have do say, that I don´t like it, because why should I open a gallery! I could just mix some stuff!"

...to which I replied with an answer (just trying to explain my take/opinion)...

"It might be a recent change. When we started these monthly challenges several years ago it was among the PaD community that it arose and it was mostly to better our craft by focusing on one theme/style/subject for a month long cycle. It seems a natural part/element of PaDding since it is a daily challenge with a month long theme. I can say that I have always posted them to my PaD gallery. Some themes have been strong enough to warrant their own gallery but mostly they fall into galleries that I already have in the works (and often various galleries over the course of the month). Regardless, they start in my PaD gallery because they are part of my on-going PaD challenge.

I know some have set up challenge galleries but it is not the way I have set up my Pbase galleries. The only dedicated challenge gallery I have is PaD one(s). I started a dedicated gallery for the "Calendar Girl" year long challenge in 2009 but that faded away. It will likely end up deleted as a part of my Pbase gallery setup.

I may be misinterpreting what you are saying. Please let me know if I am."

...to which you replied...

"Hi, just read Scott´s comment, what struck me most is that part of his posting...

"Some themes have been strong enough to warrant their own gallery "

Ok, I have to say that I feel pretty stupid to have put so much energy into this!

I´ve lived in Nashville for two years, and I know from some ignorance there!

Sorry, I stop posting here from now!

Tschüß
Boris"

You again decided to go personal and attack in your response. I tried in page 3 of that Challenge to resolve any misunderstanding and clarify any communication issues (specifically this one line taken from my original response). Instead of replying to my post in any civil manner, you again took a jab and said...

Pretty simple!

Just think, maybe you can´t from your point of view, but world is bigger then the US!

I´m just posting my sincere thoughts ,nothing personal!

Boris

Even here you decide to degrade other opinions with the "is this kindergarten" comment.

borisalex wrote:6. I´m aware what´s going behind the scene with mails between some Pbasers in regards to challenges and this already has been back in December 2009, to manipulate the challenges and in my opinion, this happened also with the lack of interest for a challenge in December (we wouldn´t have had one, if I had not open that treath) and the surprising "very".... early posting of the January idea by Coleen!
7. Again, I just asked for an alternative and I read that Lynn "decided" it must be gates, we didn´t even talk about gateways! It would have been nice to include Doors and Entrances in the title and not as an option in a side line!!
8. It´s fair enough to open a separate challenge , we had that back in August last year! So I thought there´s nothing wrong again! :oops: :oops:
9. The anger showing in the posting of Scott and Lynn with insulting words, just underline my opinion here! :(
10. Happy New Year! :D

I don't know about any behind the scenes secret conspiracy. I did have a few people ask me what was going on in October and some asked me to come back but I made it clear that I could not figure out how to resolve things with you and was going to allow you to participate without me participating (which you eventually did). I thought that was the right thing to do in light of the elevated tension in our dialog.

To make it clear I showed no anger in what I wrote nor should you read any into it. I see a pattern that I think is hurting the community here. I have no other means of discussing this with you other than in this forum. You have to see that by the very definition of the Gates and Gateways challenge and the discussion around that in the first page or so than you are opening a topic that is strangely similar. I think most who look at it would agree with that. I hope you understand any frustration that arises out of this.

Scott

septembermorn

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:18 pm

Ohhhh Lawdy, there is not enough time in my life for all of this discord. I absolutely refuse to waste time discussing something that was meant to be FUN and has turned into a mess.
Happy New Year to all PBasers and may all your pictures be wonderful.

borisalex

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:41 pm

I agree with Coleen, so much!

I was sincere and honest in every word and comment I did in this forum on very picture over these 15 month! It turned out to be messy!
But, I just have to defend myself! Scott, if you read my latest posting in the gates challenge, we don´t need to talk anymore
about behind the scenes secret conspiracy.

For Coleen, I have to say, there was nothing personal, I don´t even know her much ! But someone how comes with an idea, and if another responds with another idea, is obliged to communicate, weather or not, or if there could be eventually a compromise! But nothing happened this time! Silence!!

Why ?? Ignorance??

lynnh

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:06 pm

There was discussion throughout the month of December and 15 Pbasers agreed with Gates subject, including yourself. Go back and look if you want. I did not decide this challenge without input from others. I even changed the name of the challenge from Gates to Gateways to accomodate your request for including all types of portals. I looked up the translation in 4 other languages to make sure everyone felt included and understood. (and Dutch was a hard one with no literal translation and Mieke helped me)

You can rant about everything else, but don't you dare point a finger at me. I won't be saying any more. I'm sorry for the others in our forum who have had to read your paranoid rant or have had their name pushed into this. Especially for Coleen who merely mentioned the word Gate.

That's all for me. No more comment about this issue. I'm not going to waste my time on this. I apologize to everyone but Boris, for my behaviour today.

borisalex

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:23 pm

Thank you for the other insult!

I remember somewhat, like don´t mess with texans..am I right, but I can feel it!!
I live here in Bavaria, similar to Texas, I have no problems with that! But we don´t wear guns!!!

And I didn´t agree with only Gates, but forget it! Madam!

Crocodile Dundee!

borisalex

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:55 pm

"Quote" Walter´s email to Doug, posted in the Gates challenge!!!!

"Seems we take care of more than one problem that way and it won't be the first time there's more than one challenge at a time. "

Wow...this makes me thinking.....so I was right all the time!!

Thank you
Walter

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion January Challenge 2011 "Doors"