Board index PBase PaD Discussion Give someone the credit in 2011

PaD Discussion

Give someone the credit in 2011

discuss photo-a-day projects
chestersgallery

Give someone the credit in 2011

Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:52 am

Just wanted some thoughts on this idea for 2011. You post your daily shot as normal but also include a link to the shot you deemed to be the best from the previous days PAD, it only takes a quick browse through the PAD thumbs to pick out your favourite, and it would give someone else a pat on the back for what you deem to be good photography.

Best thing is its not putting anyone’s shots into a league table each day,or voting, its just one photographers opinion. If you wanted too you could add your reasons for choosing the shot.

I think this would make PAD a little more about the photography, and encourage us to look at a photo on its artistic or technical merits. It would also move people away from their regular favorites group and draw attention to a great shot that you may have missed.

You could choose to do it 'as and when', never or every day, its down to the individual and how much time they can afford to put in.

What do you think? Kevin

mairead

Re: Give someone the credit in 2011

Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:53 pm

It's certainly an interesting idea and I do think we need to get a bit more interaction going on among the PAD community - outside of the monthly theme.
However, the time factor would be my one reservation as I often find it's hard to find time to look at and comment on any more than just a handful
of pics.
Also, I think it would probably raise issues about the nature of the PAD galleries - are we talking about pics taken and posted on that day (or fairly fresh)
or pics posted in the PAD gallery but taken months or years previously.
I know a few people had a thread going at the beginning of the year where people could post images for feedback and criticism which was a good
idea but it faded after a while and I have to confess I never got round to contributing.
Mairéad

chestersgallery

Re: Give someone the credit in 2011

Post Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Thanks to anyone who has taken the time to read this thread.

I'm going to give it a go and see how I get on. My PBase New year resolution for 2011 will be " Less time typing and more time looking at some of the great shots you all have to offer" It may mean I don't comment as much but your hit counters will be going up more as a result of my searches for great photography. And after all ,this is what its all about in my humble opinion. :D .

Kevin

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Give someone the credit in 2011